Thierry Henry

He’s right though. September was nice but too small of a sample size to say much about us turning it around.
I didn’t see the Brighton game but I will say a point away at Brighton isn’t the worst thing in the world as they have been on good form.
Essential we go back to winning this weekend.

2 Likes

Good response from Arteta

:ok_hand:

5 Likes

If someone was wondering about Taribo West…

:+1:

4 Likes

I can’t believe Americans have better tv coverage than us ffs lol

We get Jake Humphrey plus Joe Cole Rio Ferdinand and Macca

1 Like

Moules Mariniere. Anyone a fan of mussels?

2 Likes

What Psychopath has a cup of tea with a fish supper!!

You can’t have two hot things haha

1 Like
2 Likes

Quite interesting to see him at the earlier stages of his career from the perspecitve of a player’s developement in general.

Just a pacy, athletic winger at that time, who becomes one of the most impactful and lethal strikers of the 21st century.

4 Likes

Always find these Juventus clips of Henry fascinating.

2 Likes

The three best players of my first 10 years as an Arsenal fan were all underwhelming / flops in Italy.

Vieira, Bergkamp and Henry.

They were just better suited to Wenger who got so much more out of their talents than being in an ultra tactical Italian setup was for them

4 Likes

Slightly harsh on Paddy, I think.

He was a young lad dazzled by the sights and sounds of the Milanello before Wenger brought him over, lol.

Even Bergkamp, to some degree, wasn’t a flop. However, that has to do with the games I watched him in in the mid 90s. Holland v England, Inter v Norwich City. I think it was just more that he was homesick.

Vieira only spent one season, Henry half a season as young players. Is that really flop territory? Italian teams were shifting players around like it was trading cards.

1 Like

Would loved to have seen an Anelka/Henry partnership - problem is would we have bought Henry if Anelka stayed ? If only we could unearth a couple of players like those two !!

2 Likes

Guy is so fake

2 Likes

He’s not wrong tbh

4 Likes

I mostly agree with what he’s saying but it’s becoming abundantly clear that Thierry has an agenda against Mikel.
I guarantee you if Arteta makes Top 4 he’ll find other things to complain about.

I wonder if this is why Arteta wants to bring Arsene back in. To get another ally in the board. If the Spotify and the former legends did manage to buy Arsenal Mikel would be gone the next day.

It’s quite ironic how Titi shat the bed in his managerial roles so far and he always had excuses ready and asked for more time yet he’s being extremely critical of a fellow young manager in Arteta.

Well yeah, he’s thrown his lot in with a guy who wants to buy the club. Stable, happy clubs don’t usually get sold. Might be in his best interest to sow some discord and to be fair, we’ve had a mixed bag under Arteta.

2 Likes

Should a club legend be toxifying the media space against the manager and a young squad on an upward curve?

The guy is a slimball only interested in his own gain

Not mixed.

A shit bag. But we seem to be happy with it I guess. Or ambivalent.

1 Like