Thierry Henry

It’s also how @Electrifying picked his username.

2 Likes

when the Champions League was on ITV. Loved the Blue away top & white home shorts/socks. Some people think Mbappe is better but he falls short in literally every department, dribbling, finishing, ability in the air, set pieces, strength, hold up play general technique etc what is Mbappe better than Henry at ?? Maybe Pace. But that is about it. This ain’t a Mbappe diss either unreal player just not Henr

2 Likes

One of my favourite Thierry goals :grin:

7 Likes

11 Likes
9 Likes
5 Likes

If we had a Thierry Henry now we’d end up selling him to Man City and watching him win the league etc there instead of here.

From time to time I have these thoughts and then try to banish them immediately as they aren’t at all constructive and are just sad boi reverse fantasies.

9 Likes
14 Likes

Biggest robbery in football some no mark hippy with long hair getting it over the :crown:

3 Likes

60 goal contributions in 55 games?

Jesus… I knew it was an absolute killer season but I don’t think I knew that he had over one goal/assist per game.

Or I did know and forgot lol

2 Likes

That no mark hippy was the best attacking midfielder in the world that season. He won it at a time when football wasn’t all about numbers.

We didn’t win anything bar I believe the FA Cup but Nedved was instrumental in his teams success that season and crucially missed the CL final.

He was imperious that year.

Saying that, I do think Henry should have won it I just think it’s typical of modern football to use numbers to dictate the outcome of an award at a time when football hadn’t yet become so deeply Americanised with stats being the be all and end all.

A lot of people also forget he won’t the best player award from numerous publications too so it isn’t like it was just the one award.

Either way I think Nedved gets far too much disrespect from football fans for winning that year.

4 Likes

CL form rightly or wrongly has a massive influence on this.
It’s the biggest competition and showcase and they finished runners up. We bowed out early and your left with domestic representation on your stats.
Not saying that’s right but it’s a big factor.

5 Likes

Serie A ‘bias’ probably took it’s part there too. It was still rated as the prestigious league for football.

1 Like

playing him as a feckin wing back, so he could spend most of his time defending, ffs…

2 Likes

That’s almost like saying someone like Iniesta doesn’t deserve it because he doesn’t have as much goals and assists as Higuain.

Nedved deserved it, althouh if Henry won it no one could’ve argued too much against it, quite tight between two of them that season imo.

1 Like

I absolutely, categorically knew this was gonna :fishing_pole_and_fish: @SRCJJ :joy:

9 Likes

Thats why I wrote it :rofl::rofl::rofl::fishing_pole_and_fish:

5 Likes

Nedved was great but Henry was better. Was robbed big time.

7 Likes

More indirects from Henry. :joy:

He’s in a slightly awkward position as he’s essentially banking on the club not to improve under Arteta/Edu

2 Likes