7 Likes

I want to go back to 99 :bellcry: :bellcry: :bellcry:

1 Like

I don’t.

F’ckin horrible footballing year.

1 Like

Worse than 2021?! :wenger2: :bellcry:

Yes. Honestly it was.

Imagine being a last minute penalty kick away from immortality and throwing that away for a season of nothing.

Imagine your opponents winning the game and going on to win an unprecedented treble.

Imagine your nearest geographical rivals also winning a trophy that season, only the second trophy they’ve won in the last 30 years.

Imagine a squad boasting a plethora of talent only to be woefully underwhelming in Europe.

Imagine a handballed goal at Selhurst Park costing you a point that could have been the difference between winning and losing the league.

These are the lyrics John Lennon didn’t write.

3 Likes
3 Likes

That first image there, you hardly ever see that anymore do you where the players swap shirts and are actually wearing the oppo shirts after the final whistle and you especially wouldn’t see it in publicity shots etc.

4 Likes

These two moments spring to mind…

3 Likes

Some do it at half time, too.

(Andre Santos you arse)

Henry taking one of the most iconic shirts ever there.

2 Likes

Haha what a pic of Arshavin, I don’t remember seeing that before.

3 Likes

Damn Shava was a baller. One of the biggest regrets regarding Arsenal still for me is the failure to utilise him properly back in the day.

:boom::fire::fire:

5 Likes
5 Likes

Game management from the fucking man. Look at that quality. Look at the arrogance.

19 Likes

That’s the thing with Henry he makes everything look so effortless. Man is the definition of swagger. Scared we will never seen this kind of talent at Arsenal again.

1 Like

Big dick energy :heart_eyes:

1 Like

My favourite commentary about Henry at the end of this video.

“I’ve seen most things in this league…”

6 Likes

How good must it feel to know you’re way better than the rest, that you can turn on the style whenever you want and leave the others in your dust. The man was just operating at a level of his own.

“He’s irreplaceable”

5 Likes

He has got one of the best dribbling style in the game.

1 Like