Thierry Henry

You think if that goal was allowed, the penalty v Man City came off, and he’d scored that overhead kick against Boro in the 7-0, his portfolio of goals would be complete.

2 Likes

Fuck I miss that team.

2 Likes

He may have scored many in similar fashion but I think you’re forgetting the chance he had just before Barca restored parity in Paris, he scores that + the ones you mention the portfolio is complete.

Henry did win the CL in 2009, but it just wouldn’t be the same for him as if he did it at Arsenal in 2006.

3 Likes

He had a chance to score in that final (2009) and round off a 3-0 win. Hit it straight at van der Sar from point blank range :roll_eyes:

Did he ever score the perfect hat trick with us? (Very much doubt it)

My fav Henry hat trick would have been vs Roma at Stadio Olympico in 02/03 if i had to pick one.

3 Likes

Tricky away fixture. Arsenal don’t do well in Europe away from home. Henry isn’t a big game player.

Boom. 0-3

3 Likes

1-3 mate, Roma took the lead after 2 mins or something.

2 Likes

I’m going back to bed :see_no_evil:

3 Likes

I don’t actually remember him scoring a header. Maybe @Aussiegooner can solve that one

The stoppage time winner vs United at the Emirates in 06/07 comes to mind off the bat.

8 Likes

Scored one in the home 4-1 win v Fulham in 01/02

EDIT: Fulham was off his shin IIRC. He dived into the net afterwards (momentum) and just shrugged at the North Bank. He told the reporter after the game that he had to score more “crappy” goals like that.

2 Likes

Wonder if any of you see players in a particular kit and associate that with a point in their Arsenal career? :grin:

For example, when it comes to the main man:

Debut season, just getting started

Elite killer phase
Henry-560x373

Approaching the end even if we didn’t know it at the time :pensive: Lots of injuries.

Swansong :grin:

6 Likes

The left back, 2005/06, CL run Flamini. A combo of prime Maldini and Lahm at that time. A rock in our back line.

The 2007/08 Roy Keane regen DM Flamini. Brining vital steel to that iconic Cesc, Rosicky, Hleb, Flamini midfield.

The 2013/14 comeback Flamini. Brining dat pashun back to the club and making Ozil feel safe and loved.

8 Likes

:joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy:

14 Likes

The king. He just got to much swagger

1 Like

I like how Henry doesn’t pronounce his H.

Home = ‘ome
Haaland = ‘aaland
Happen = ‘appen

It’s a bit of a French thing I’d imagine.

'enry

1 Like

Every romance language I believe doesn’t pronounce H

Correct, for example in Italian, “quanti anni hai”

The h is silent…

And also in Yorkshire, “am off’ome”

And cockney “ang abart lav”

2 Likes

In the early 00s United fans I worked with used to hate him and call him arrogant. He hurt their feelings lol

2 Likes