Thierry Henry

:goat:

12 Likes

Travesty he never won the ballon d’or.

7 Likes

spanish baldies, germans and hipsters

2 Likes

I am still astounded he didn’t pick one up between 02-04. Kids wanted to be him, footballers wished they could play like him and managers wanted to buy him.

Was receiving universal acclaim and those numbers speak for themselves, but the type of goals he scored…just wow. I remember the back heel goal against Charlton, I’d never seen anything like it and thought this guy is playing a different sport to everybody else. A man playing against children.

3 Likes

He was robbed. Much in the same fashion Arsenal were robbed of a Champions League in 06. Everyone knows we were the best just like everyone knew Henry was the best. Definitely took an outside influence to rob both the team and Henry of hard merchandise but anyone worth their salt knows the truth.

3 Likes

I always thought that particular goal was overrated. Still do. Showed great strength to hold that guy with his back with ease, that was the most impressive part for me.
Backheel goals in general tend to get overrated imo.

Although talking about those… I have to brag a bit. Remember taking a penalty on a futsal pitch once, playing with friends… Was standing with my back to the goal and took it quickly, smashed it with the backheel. Went perfectly near the post past my friend who just stood there not knowing what hit him. :kroenke:

3 Likes

Yep, overrated.

1 Like

nedved in 2003 is the worst culprit for it, and some have argued sheva in 2004 also, but having seen how he carried Milan to a scudetto that year, it’s difficult to argue against him. I honestly appreciate andriy and Henry so much, I genuinely couldn’t choose between them that year, they were both incredible, and holy shit imagine them both together with either bergkamp or Kaka behind them.

Actually I’d pick Bergkamp there, Kaka did hit the ground running but didn’t quite have the passing creativity and vision of your number 10.

4 Likes

Was going to post this as well. Henry legit was Elite, his physical presence, his skill, dribbling ability, fighting spirit, finishing. Guy actually had it all.

1 Like

I know one thing for sure, between 2002-2004 I wouldn’t have swapped Thierry Henry for anyone in the world and I mean anyone.

It could be three it’s Henry it’s threeeeeeee.

3 Likes

Take me back ffs.

2 Likes

Those days were mad, having a player that would walk into any team in the world and strike fear into the hearts of opposition.

Game was won before a ball was kicked when we had Henry, Vieira, Pires, Sol, Bergkamp etc on the team sheet.

4 Likes

Brings back bad memories :weary:

1 Like

Everything about that PSV fixture was fucking shit.

6 Likes

Thanks for posting

4 Likes

Even the match programme looks shit

1 Like

Really grounded interview, as always the man oozes class. These clowns at the club will never get to his level.

3 Likes

I don’t think he has what it takes to make it as a manager. Bergkamp is my dream ex-player manager. However ex-players might simply be a bad idea. Although I’d imagine Keown would be capable of making us water tight at the back.

3 Likes

:grin:

8 Likes

Beautiful days :star_struck:

2 Likes