Thierry Henry

Speaking of

7 Likes

Henry has stepped down as Montreal coach

3 Likes

Sounds like he jumped before he was pushed, and coronavirus/family was a good cover.

Apparently Montreal board and fans have been fed up with him for a while now.

Love the man and an absolute legend, but how many jobs is that now?

I think Thierry is a assistant coach and can perform well in such a role as shown with Belgium. As a manager, his personality often feels too intense for my liking.

Why doesn’t anyone play like this anymore? These were the good ol days.

10 Likes

Annoying thing is I think we drew that game 0-0.

2 Likes

Because if a player tried that these days they’d probably be scorned for not playing the pass their manager wants them to play or to stick to the pattern of play and tactic their manager demands.

Plus there is also the fact that there aren’t many men in the history of this sport who could do some of the things Henry could lol.

7 Likes

Man I forgot how much of a physical monster Thierry was. Unreal acceleration, it often looked like he was playing against children the way he’d dominate them with his speed.

Him and R9 had the most insanely explosive pace over the first 5 yards. Left defenders in the fucking dirt. Unstoppable.

2 Likes

Exactly my thoughts. For all his skill and talent on the ball, we often forget how much of a physical specimen he was. Tall, athletic, super strong. And with his long strides, even when running at top speed, he would look like he was gliding, kinda like Bolt. :henry2:

3 Likes

I think we won this game… Gilberto scored the fastest CL goal at that time on this match I think.

No, that was away to PSV. (The Gilberto goal)

Weird old CL campaign that was. Good away from home in the group stages but lost at home to the likes of Auxerre (that loss was part of a 4 game losing streak in all competitions)

3 Likes

Yeah Dortmund was another one in that streak and I think Blackburn Rovers at Highbury in the league.

2 Likes

Yeah as @DavidHillier said that was PSV in a 4-0 win.

Ajax was a 0-0 in the 2nd group phrase in a group that also had Roma and Valencia.

3 Likes

I want to say Southampton away was the other league loss in that 4 game streak (Bergkamp scored but I’ve mentally blocked the rest out)

Fun fact @Robin_L (don’t know why I’ve atted her, she ain’t gonna read it, anyway) went to all 4 of those defeats

5 Likes

Beattie hat trick 3-2 @DavidHillier? Rings a bell for me.

2 Likes

I remember that scoreline now.

Had no idea that weird headbutting nob got a hat trick against us.

What a piss poor result.

3 Likes

That’s nice but Ian Wright was better

1 Like

Very few in football history had the pace, strength, size, technique and dribbling ability of Theirry.

4 Likes