Theo Walcott

RIP @AbouCuellar on such a glorious day.

Wish him the best. Too bad he didnā€™t become what weā€™d all hope he would for us but still always liked him.

1 Like

I wouldnā€™t say he was shit for us but just think he was a decent mid table PL player rather then the world class talent we were expecting, but he was definitely a player that would annoy the hell out of you. Never finding his right position, for as many goals as heā€™s had he should have doubled that with the chances he missed. Injuries definitely stop started his career. But overall a decent player for us, maybe time will be kind to him when it comes to his Arsenal career. I remember he had a great season after RVP left, when he couldnā€™t stop scoring that was probably his best season for us.

Southampton loan move is the right move for him, heā€™s never going to get into that Everton (his Everton career never got going). Hopefully he can have a good year there.

1 Like

He was made to look good by Wengerā€™s gameplan revolving around him. He was a forward who was mostly reliant on service which is always going to limit him in most other teams and I doubt he gets anywhere near his Wenger numbers in any other team.

He also needed to spend a lot of time trying to beat the offside trap which a lot of managers arenā€™t going to give him.

I was hoping heā€™d do well at Everton but Iā€™m not surprised heā€™s not needed. Hopefully Southampton is more in line with the level he needs to be an important attacker. Iā€™d like to see him have at least one more good season.

3 Likes

Theo or AbouCuellar?

3 Likes

Theo obviously. AC became all we hoped he would be and more!

1 Like

:bergkamp2:

God for Theo, hope he does well there.

1 Like

Theo would of had a better career if not for that injury against Spurs. He lost a yard of pace and was never the same after that.

Heā€™s very similar to Aubameyang in that his movement and pace in behind was elite and he gave us very good end product but his overall game is weak. His dribbling never really developed and he was reliant on getting good service

1 Like

His brain never developed and wasnā€™t coached properly.
Just being given freedom too play cost us in development with him,Ox and even Ramsey. Wenger neglected this. Bad habits then became part of these players game and potential was undone because of it. Waste.

1 Like

Southampton with Ings and Walcott upfront.
Maybe they could be worth a go in my Fantasy team.

One for @BigWeng_4LYFE

5 Likes

Agree. Iā€™m really interested in seeing how our current young crop grow under Arteta. Pepe has so much potential. And all those promising academy players. Sounds like quite a few are getting opportunities to train with the senior squad. Hopefully theyā€™ll realise their potential with Artetaā€™s guidance.

Thanks for that Calum :+1::+1:

1 Like

Damn thatā€™s some good trivia

1 Like

Theo Walcott has been as lively as anyone all night and he has his first league goal for the Saints in 15 years

1 Like

Heā€™s been doing well for them, good for him.

4 Likes

Feels a bit like poetic justice that these players come back to haunt us after getting shat on by large chunks of the fanbase despite decent contributions to the club :grin:

2 Likes

@BigWeng_4LYFE taking Ws left right and centre.

2 Likes

Iā€™m beginning to think you are an alias account for big weng lol.