Theo Walcott

Someone used it! :grin:

1 Like

30 years old, time flies!

Heā€™ll surely look back on his career and wished heā€™d tried harder. Iā€™m betting all those pound signs probably say otherwise though.

I think he probably tried his best but didnā€™t have the technical ability. He developed top class off the ball movement but really he was 1 footed, without very good close control, without a great first touch or technique. Itā€™s just his key strength, world class acceleration was so obvious, everyone hoped he grow into a technical talent like Henry but Henry had that technical ability from as early on as I ever saw him at Monaco.

2 Likes

Donā€™t kid yourself, young Theo was an absolute boss. Injuries ultimately killed his career, doing his knee plus a plethora of soft tissue injuries in quick secession are difficult to rebound from. You dig yourself a deep hole when u continually find yourself having to play your body into form.

3 Likes

Yeah that season he scored 6 goals in 35 games.

What a baller!!! :eyes:

Yeah and to my point, he missed almost half the season with an injury that year homie :joy::joy:

08/09 - Theo was 19, he missed 16 games due to injury, had a G/A every 312 mins

09/10 - 20 years old, missed 13 matches due to injury + recovery, had a G/A every 187 mins

10/11 - 21 years old, finally relatively healthy he only missed 6 matches due to injury, had a G/A every 144 mins

11/12 - 22 years old, relatively healthy, G/A every 137 minutes

12/13 - 23 years old, started the season healthy, G/A every 88 minutes (Theo becomes elite and has Messi shaking in his boots :open_mouth::open_mouth:).

13/14 - 24 years old right in his prime, started the season even better with a G/A every 86 minutes, the he did his knee.

The kid was on an upward trajectory, sky was the limit but yeh injuries fucked his career and stole so many years from us Arsenal fans of watching Theo destroy teams down the wing and score and assist at an elite level. Also @Calum donā€™t pretend u werenā€™t one of the loudest crying for Theo to ā€˜sign da tingā€™ when his contract was up last time around :joy::joy::+1::+1:

2 Likes

Letā€™s be honest, Theoā€™s just a poor manā€™s Lewis Hamilton :wenger2:

1 Like

So as a comparison, Pepe was 23 years old last season and had a G/A every 101 minutes, Theo at the same age was producing a G/A every 88 minutes. The following season at 24 Theo was at 1 per 86 minutes. So Iā€™d say that if Pepe isnā€™t performing at that level this year for us itā€™s a bit of a let down, especially considering what we paid. He needs to at least replicate what Theo gave us at the same age. I mean, Theo was world class back then so itā€™s not an easy task, plus Theo had the advantage of a legendary manager who could squeeze the maximum potential out of attacking players :wenger2: , but hopefully Pepe can get on Theoā€™s level.

What?? We didnā€™t spend 75 million for him to get to Theoā€™s level. We must expect a heck of a lot more from him, especially given the quality of Laca and Auba.

1 Like

Iā€™m sure Pepe is just using us till he can get his dream move to Everton.

7 Likes

Haha, some quality trolling right there my man @BigWeng_4LYFE

Top class stuffā€¦ā€œhopefully Pepe can get on Theoā€™s levelā€ :arteta:

2 Likes

Walcott was destined for a 12th man/Wiltord kind of role at Arsenal. His technical limitations were too much to become a starter here. The fact that Wenger did chose to go that route with Gervinho/Walcott/Podolski was criminal I would say.

4 Likes

Itā€™s not quality, itā€™s really tired and obvious shite bait

5 Likes

Yes but I also wanted Ɩzil to a sign new contract and heā€™s now shit aswell

Thereā€™s a pattern emerging here

1 Like

Youā€™re right. We spent 75mil on him to become a world beater but he hasnā€™t shown any signs of that, either

Give him a fucking chance man, jesus haha

3 Likes

This is ridiculous lol. Heā€™s barely got going itā€™s been like 3 or 4 games