The Wire

He’s been in a few things down the years, True Romance and the first season of True Detective spring to mind :slightly_smiling_face:

5 Likes

Shiiiiiiiiiiiiiiit

:ozil:

4 Likes
2 Likes

HAMSTERDAM

3 Likes

RIP

2 Likes

How did I miss this. Amazing.

Just finished my first ever watch through of this (I know) having successfully avoided spoilers for almost 20 years.

It really is as good as everyone says it is. There are so many characters feeding the storyline and I loved the way that right from the off they just throw all of it in your face. It’s not the type of show you can be pissing about on your phone for when watching it for the first time.

I dunno that I can pick a favourite character but to mention a couple of moments that just left me totally gutted I’d go with Bodie standing his ground on the corner (I like how they later showed us how that affected Poot too) and Frank walking to the meeting when The Greek gets that call.

This will definitely work it’s way into a more regular rotation for me now.

8 Likes

Next transition is the YouTube rabbit hole where you end up spending hours watching random wire clips.

5 Likes

Still one of the best scenes in television history. Avon was just a boss

5 Likes

You’re gonna make me re-watch this show for the 2,000th time.

1 Like

Sounds like one of them good problems

4 Likes

Ive watched this through twice, that and Breaking Bad are the only 2 series where ive ever done that

Absolutely superb, will never grow old.

1 Like

HAMSTERDAM

2 Likes

Has anyone seen The Shield?

Yep it’s a good show. I think I reached a point watching it where I just wanted it to end but it’s a good show.

2 Likes

Enjoyed the shield a lot. Doesn’t take much brainpower to watch: it’s easy viewing. Not the kind of show with lots of intricate sub plots either.

The Wire was so brilliantly written and the insight into characters was right up there. Only series that I’ve enjoyed post the Wire is G. O. T.

2 Likes

The Justified is the best series I’ve watched post The Wire alongside GoT (season 1-6).

If you haven’t watched Justified I highly highly recommend it. The first half of season one seems a little like an open and shut cop drama but it really transcends into some of the best written television ever

1 Like

I really need to revisit and persist this time. I watched like 3 or 4 episodes a couple years ago and was a bit “whatever” about it.

It seemed good and I was reasonably entertained, but it really didn’t seem like anything exceptional and didntreally grab me.

I think I go a bit back and forth on Timothy Olyphant, I can never quite decide if he’s just good at playing stoic, straight man characters or if he’s wooden and a bit lacking in charisma.