The Wire

Nah, McNulty isn’t in this scene. It’s Bunk, a female prosecutor/DA (I can’t remember)

Just take the L and move on mate :joy: You’ve only watched it through once, you get a pass

1 Like

I’ve taken the L, just asking for more info about the GOAT series.

A YouTube vid will do nicely.

Just google “wee bey nah” and watch the suggested YouTube video.

Marlo and Michael are the biggest c’nts

1 Like

Haha open goal.

This scene makes me hungry

Also here’s the audition tapes, with Method man’s but that you talk about :arteta:

Rewatching The Wire for the third or fourth time now.

It’s got so much replay value I rewatch it every couple years and never get bored.

Season 2, as much as I hated it at the first viewing, is so much better the older I get.

4 Likes

Yeah this is me. I think I’ve done 4.

I actually look forward to the next time I get to watch it more than I ever do for watching something new.

I’m a bit disappointed that I’m so close to my last watch. Need at least 18 months for my weak brain to forget basically everything.

It’s a bit cliché but I think it’s been better with every watch.

4 Likes

Cutty scenes

This is another great scene:

1 Like

Is there a better scene than this?

2 Likes

Hate Marlo.

Avon >> Marlo.

And also Omar >> Omar wannabe Michael

1 Like

So true. Season 2 the first time I watched it was so hard to get through, I didn’t have a fuck to give about these On the Waterfront wannabee cunts with their shit penis jokes, but each time I watched it again I found the resolution of that season more and more powerful.

Only gripe I have with that season is why can’t they fucking cast actual greeks to play greeks (or foreigners to play foreigners, because whatever they are meant to be, they’re not meant to be yanks), FFS. This is a gripe about television and film in general (most flagrant example being the Brasilian playing Pablo Escobar, lol, refuse to watch that shite), but it sucks, especially in a series as realist and genuine as The Wire, to watch those fucks who are really just yanks talking with stupid accents, and have it break through your suspension of disbelief.

I went through a period in my mid 20s where I basically just alternated between The Sopranos and The Wire for a few years. By the time I had gone through The Sopranos again my brain had forgot enough to watch The Wire again, and vice versa. It’s so hard to go watch any other series after watching those two, it makes most other television pretty redundant.

Look back pretty fondly on those times actually, haha. It’s nice to break out and discover other stuff but in the end there’s still nothing that’s come close to being in the same category.

1 Like

I’ve not rewatched the Wire yet. I’ve rewatched the Thick of It, many a time, and never got bored of it.

I have to do the same with the Wire. The best drama ever made (sorry Walter White)

1 Like

Haven’t seen this, glad you reminded me.

Think it’ll replace Friday Night Dinner, not really doing it for me. :grimacing:

1 Like

Oh definitely.

While Friday night Dinner is good (Ramsey), the thick of it is world class (Vieira)

This show must be the only one that I can recall the end credits music to.

1 Like

The real question is: which season has the best version of the intro music?

1 imo

One of the GOAT scenes. The way Avon manipulates the game in this scene is unreal.

Wood Harris is the greatest drug king pin in TV series history. Nobody comes close to topping his brilliance in the role of Avon.

1 Like

Agreed :wink:

2 Likes

Watching Get Hard and just spotted Vondas. The first time seeing him in something that isn’t The Wire.

1 Like