The weather

I’ve had the heating on nearly every night this past week!

1 Like

I hate to put the heating on this early in the season, it means that winter is back, and i’m not ready to accept that for now.

1 Like

Yeah continue the delusion until at least October. Then you don’t feel guilty having it on full whack all day because you skipped September and saved a penguin.

3 Likes

Most English thing ever.

For whatever reason the English just don’t believe in turning on the heating haha

Of all the countries I’ve lived in, England is the only one where I was always colder inside the house than outside haha

3 Likes

Isn’t that just called ‘living in Scotland’?

Nope.

Not had it on this regularly since March

@will24 did you manage to make it here then?

Why didn’t you or your Danish parents turn the heating on then? Not being funny, but none of you are English and you’re saying it’s an English thing?

Maybe you lot are that wonderful kind of immigrant who assimilate into British culture by adapting to our ways of life (by keeping your heating turned off) :heart_eyes:

1 Like

Partially this, especially when I lived with Brits but also because your houses are so fucking poorly insulated.

Britain is by far the Northern European country with the worst insulation given how cold it gets.

It’s like your houses are built out of paper mache and designed to give off as much heat as possible. Especially the pre/post war era houses from around the 30s and 40s.

Extremely energy inefficient.

2 Likes

I am surprised to hear some Brits see getting their heating on already, what’s the temperature like where you lot live?

I sleep totally Billy Bollocks but with a duvet it’s plenty warm enough, wouldn’t even consider needing the heating on yet.

Seeing as I’ve got to work from home full time til at least January even if I did feel chilly if be keeping the heating off for as long as possible, cos those winter bills are not gonna be pretty lol

Generally I’d be inclined to ask how one could know such a thing but of course you’ve lived in most of them. :ozil:

I did! Edinburgh is a really great city, even it if it ridiculously hilly and that I saw way too much rain for August :grin:

I will visit Glasgow one day but that definitely wont be till next summer when there may be a ray of sunshine ahha

1 Like

You might even be able to go to a pub!

What u think of the bridges bro

33 degrees to 3 degrees in the space of 24 hours. Absolute scenes Jeff

1 Like

They look like they’re having a whale of a time.

2 Likes
1 Like

Thundersnow sounds cool as fuck when you are inside :joy:

3 Likes

Turning colder over Christmas, hopefully the Boxing Day fixtures will be played after the transfer window.

1 Like