Unpopular football opinions

Actually no. Came up in conversation in work.

Ahhh right. The Wayne Rooney and Gary Neill programme was on last night reflecting on Wayne’s career and they touched on that incident. Thought that was what may have provoked the memory haha

So back in your fucking box @CliftonGeraldi you lil bitch.

7 Likes
1 Like

I actually remember that game against Bayern, when he just broke into the team, he was actually very good, their CBs (including prime Boateng) struggled against him.
He had some talent for sure, but his body was just too damaged from all those early injuries.

2 Likes

I posted this about his cup final performance in the history thread

It’s a shame he never kicked on

3 Likes

That chaos factor :giroud2:

Or current no 9 is the opposite of chaos

2 Likes

Honestly drop it lads. Sanogo is as low as it ever was.
Donkeys lost love because of this prick.

4 Likes

Sanogo vs. Bayern > what Giroud would’ve offered

Cuéllar in 2013 or whenever the fuck that was = RIGHT

:pepe2: :pepe2: :unai: :wenger2: :wenger: :raul: :kroenke: :innocent: :innocent: :innocent: :innocent: :cowboy_hat_face: :cowboy_hat_face: :partying_face: :partying_face: :torreira: :santi: :laca2: :chester: :cristo: :giroud2: :bellcry: :auba: :xhaka2:

3 Likes

Not missing the soap opera of the prem at all.
More interested in the survival of the lower League’s now.

1 Like

Same, and the human race.

3 Likes

Sonogo destroyed Klopp’s Dortmund in the CL, Laca has never even scored a CL goal for us.

I don’t miss football at all

7 Likes

Yeah same. I think it’s because we’ve been so dog shit for so long I just don’t miss watching us.

5 Likes

I don’t miss Arsenal in particular, I found watching us a bit of a chore sometimes. But I definitely miss football (and sport) in general. Yes, this thing is bigger and more important than football, but you can acknowledge that, yet still mourn live sport.

8 Likes

Tbf I still don’t miss football at all.
In recent years just been watching it mostly out of a habit, but very very rarely enjoyed it. This break, not just from football, did a lot good for me.
I’m still waiting for the moment I’ll start to miss fooball but I can’t see it anywhere on the horizon yet :pepe2:

6 Likes

Once the personal incentive(Arsenal) to watch football is gone, I have no serious desire to go watch other clubs unless the stakes are high or if I wanna watch Messi or someone mercurial.
That said if Euros were on, I would have watched few matches for sure.

There is enough content out there in Netflix, Prime etc. now to keep you away from Football.

2 Likes

Yeah due to child production I’ve missed most of this season. Every game I did watch had very little enjoyment. Catching up on extended highlights too is a bit of a chore.

It’s very easy for me to live without football now, although I was looking forward to the conclusion of this year’s CL.

2 Likes

This was definitely key. Coming home on a Saturday evening to catch the highlights of us scraping a draw to Crystal Palace on our own ground pretty much takes will power to oblige lol.

1 Like

For me it was the FA Cup. It had our name on it this season :pensive: