The UK Economy

:rofl: damn that was fast :arteta:

1 Like

The government have just seen Watford sacked their manager so they have to retaliate

5 Likes

Of course all they will do is pass on any sacrifice to the public. For their own messes.

Anybody that looks at the state of this country and thinks the Tories are right to lead it needs a lobotomy

3 Likes

Guess these are mortages that come with lower rates? Going to be even harder to get on the property ladder

Labour needs to pull a vote of no confidence in the government.

Good, fucking irked me no end that I was charged ÂŁ1k product fee for my mortgage. Bastards, on top of me giving them generously through my interest rate.

Means fuck all right now tbf, all it shows is current confidence in the pound and in the measures the gov (mostly kwasi) has taken.

All the hysteria is over the top as usual and spurred on by the media and labour who obviously want to bury their opposition. Rightly so in Labours case I might add, anyone would do.

Now I’m against what Kwasi is doing, as to me it makes very little sense to spend your way out of an inflation crisis and increasing public debt, but you’ve got to actually give his policies (and any balancing measures) time to take effect.

It’s very easy for a load of Asian speculators, sitting 5000 miles away, to pull their money and go ‘hey we don’t want a part of the pound at the moment’ but the only immediate impact should really be exchange rates when you go abroad.

All these articles ‘the cost of beer is gonna go up cos hurr we import hops from the yanks’ are either bollocks to fuel the fire or our companies are really that stupid not to lock into exchange rates in their contracts with suppliers nor hedge against exchange fluctuations.

And Sunak is still a wanker.

2 Likes

The man speaks truth

1 Like

4 Likes

Most of the current inflation has very little to do with currently controllable UK factors (other than opportunistic price increases) and more to do with energy, Ukraine, etc. Increasing interest rates in the UK wont change those things.

Obviously a weakened Pound exacerbates that but most of this is overreaction.

Also it has been the American way to spend through everything, so maybe Truss was just taking notes from our mates across the pond

1 Like

Thanks to Truss, they’re no longer our mates across the pond.

1 Like
1 Like

I really hope they can find some proof Cunteng told his hedge fund mates about his budget before announcing it.

Get them all done for insider trading.

2 Likes

Created a giant recession in a week :joy: this guy’s teaching people?

5 Likes

Fucking Bank of England stepping in to stabilise the markets
screw you!

Took my profit and ran, was a shame as this could’ve trundled on all the way til November 23rd.

Could still do but I’m less confident it’ll get weaker if the BoE is willing to step in.

lol

1 Like

I read a tweet saying markets weren’t reassured and pound still fell.

How can I get in on this betting against the pound, for the dollar? :thinking:

2 Likes

I’ve kept my second position in case of this :sweat_smile: it’s a much more volatile and risky one but the jumps can be amazing - it’s gone up 10% today.

I don’t think you want to be betting against the dollar atm :joy: