The UK Economy

After my hair cut in December got cancelled due to lockdown, I’m so close to achieving a man bun…

Are they the type to not really expect tips so put higher prices or do they expect tips on top of that? My barbers are about 11 to 12 quid but I give them 20

No tip, it’s basically built in to the price at my barber.

There’s a place closer to me that does my hair for £20 but I just haven’t always been as happy with the haircut I’ve gotten there. I like my guy Ross so even though he’s a Liverpool fan and a bit more expensive I’ve been loyal.

However I haven’t had my hair cut since February 2020 so no idea what I’m gonna do now :joy:

1 Like

I don’t see this as a bad thing as the economy has just naturally changed because of the pandemic and somethings won’t go backwards

New data collected by the Treasury reveals that consumers are accelerating the drive to recovery as:

• Diners flock to restaurants at two-thirds of 2019 levels — even though only outdoor service is yet available.
  • Town centre crowds are growing daily, with 70 per cent of customers regularly back in stores.
  • Shoppers go full throttle, spending a total of up to £3,500 a minute.
  • More cars hit the road than at any time in the past 13 months and
  • Bosses hire more staff as optimism for the future grows.

Buoyant analysts believe Britain is set for a “spectacular” boom, with the economy expected to grow at its fastest rate since the war.

1 Like

Smart diplomacy and politics by Biden - Not great for the UK though

They will force this on smaller nations and break all the rules themselves.

Most developed European nations have corporate taxes in the 20%s so I don’t see how this changes much.

Ireland will have to go from 12% to 15%, no biggie.

Bahamas, BVI, Cayman etc. will go from 0% to 15% and will still retain most of their business as that 15% is still better than the 22-29% most EU companies charge.

1 Like
1 Like

That’s absolutely mental. That’s like an eighty percent tip you flash bastard.

Edit - ffs I’ve done another one of those ridiculous bumps to address a 5 month old post :sweat_smile:

3 Likes

:joy: cant read post dates should be your user title

1 Like

It might be 5 months late, but I absolutely stand by calling Spanky a flash bastard for his 80% tip, it’s important someone addressed that.

4 Likes

That’s so odd, I hadn’t had a haircut for fucking ages because I haven’t found time but I had one yesterday. And yeah I did the same gave them 20 quid. Lmao, dunno why I do it I always tip them well.

4 Likes

Tbf barbering is one of the few things where them doing a very good job is actually significant.

I remember my dad paid a 20 for a 12 quid taxi ride, just a bog standard drive down 3 roads where the guy didn’t say a thing. My mum was livid. Pretty sure the taxi driver was probably better paid than he was at the time too.

4 Likes

Yeah… my barber charges 20 plus depending on if you wanna get a beard shape up, hot towel, a wash etc. At those rates I’m genuinely not sure I earn more than him haha, so he can take my 20 odd quid every two weeks but he’s not getting a tip on top of that.

My mates sister in a hairdresser but works on a barber near the University she usually takes home between 250 and 350 quid a day she gets charged 40 or 50 quid for the chair a day. Not a bad living. But barbers who don’t work in busy places are often standing around for alot of the day which is why I feel inclined to tip mine. They do a good job.

She’s hot as well which I’m sure helps alot.

I don’t really tip much at restaurants here. If I’m abroad I do because the waiters are far more on the ball than here. Same with taxi drivers. Fuck that lol

Funny how people have their own way of doing things. I very rarely tip my barber, but wouldn’t dream of going to a restaurant and not tipping, unless the waiter was actually rude to me or something lol. It’s all arbitrary really, isn’t it? There’s not necessarily a lot of logic to who we deem worthy of a tip and who we don’t lol

1 Like

So she can easily clear a grand a week, even more if she wants to pull a six day week.

Fuck my life, I know we haven’t factored in tax, but 4k a month pre tax very comfortably exceeds my salary :joy:

This is what I mean man. My barber likely earns more than me because of the specific amount he has decided to charge people like me, I’m just not voluntarily topping that up, what sense does that make if he’s more well off than me?!

1 Like

Most barbers don’t have a wage where as waiters do, also waiters are just bringing food out and usually AWOL for most of it lol, I do tip just no where near the % I do Barbers.

1 Like