U.S. Politics

To be honest, I am not against abortion per say. It’s a very complicated matter and in some instances I think abortion should be possible: rape, incest, medical reasons endangering the life of the mother.

Do I think Cindy at 17 fucking about and getting pregnant should be able to abort her child because it’s inconvenient. Hmm. Having a child myself since 4 months, I will tell you, my stance changed a little bit and I would find it difficult to unequivocally say: yes. I think there should be serious considerations.

But then again, it’s a delicate matter and I wouldn’t want to paint this matter in black and white terms.

As for my meme I posted. The reactions from left and right are predictable indeed. Just as I expected opening this thread :sweat_smile:

And if they can’t they will go to some back alley shit hole and possibly die themselves.

2 Likes

Oh fuck off with that nonsense. Having an abortion isn’t something a person does because they’re worried about missing their spin class at the gym. The whole “casual abortion” argument never held a ton of weight with me. But that’s also connected to the waning access to birth control pills.

7 Likes

And the teaching of safe sex to youths and free condoms is ‘inappropriate’. Well guess what, their teens will have sex anyway.

2 Likes

The US is like a cautionary tale for the rest of western society. Truely mind blowing.

4 Likes

But this is the point. It’s takes two to tango. Yet you make no comment on the guy who got her pregnant in this hypothetical situation. He was also “fucking about” and getting a girl pregnant, yet by these new rules only the woman is punished. Only the woman is viewed as being stupid enough to get pregnant.

7 Likes

Yeah exactly - look at the whole “don’t say gay” thing. I know that was for K-3rd grade but still. There’s a theme here.

1 Like

I am all for education and protected sex. Have as much sex as you want, but do it safely.

Not sure why you get so worked up.

3 Likes

What about the guy? The guy has no say. She wants to keep it she keeps it, she aborts, it she aborts it.

Don’t really get what you are getting at?

I find it quite difficult to worry about things that don’t directly affect me or mine since the pandemic, but restricting access to abortion just doesn’t make sense to me.

Whilst I get there are other sensible points of view out there, if it were in my hands abortion would be available to all women, in all circumstances up to the current cutoff in the UK, and in circumstances where the mothers health is at stake, at all times.

Lol “don’t say gay” you mean “parental rights in education bill” :rofl:

The UK cut off is stricter than most American states

1 Like

We don’t have real sex ed in this country. Legislators are working to restrict access to birth control pills. Yes, education and contraception are really important but the GOP has spent 50 years gutting that too.

Because this is a really sad and dangerous ruling. If the Court can gut abortion based on a disingenuous reading of privacy rights they’re coming for gay marriage next.

Also,

5 Likes

There is a lot of stuff wrong with your country. I feel sorry for you and other Americans. Because it won’t ever be a “normal” country.

I strongly dislike both your parties and find both parties dumb as fuck for different reasons.

I don’t think it’s a good thing what has happened. And I have no doubt they will try.

All of this doesn’t mean what I said is so controversial. In fact I think my comment was very sensible.

Pity you still get so worked up about it. :man_shrugging:t4:

Well ideally it should be a joint decision. But sometimes that’s not possible, sometimes a woman wants an abortion because she has no support network and the partner isn’t there for her. And at the end of the day, it’s the woman’s body and the woman is usually the primary carer. It’s her life which gets disrupted the most.

My issue with what you said was that you seemed to judge the girl for “fucking around” and getting pregnant while there is no judgement of the guy who got her pregnant. Kind of like, her problem, she can put her life on hold and look after a kid when she’s still a kid herself.

1 Like

Fuck you.

1 Like

Damn, you people have some serious anger issues.

Precisely why I will never align with either party because they are full of aggressive idiots with the cognitive ability of a toddler. Left and right you deserve each other in that 3rd world shit hole. :slight_smile:

Not necessarily. The man is still going to be, in part, financially responsible for that child, and in the US that could be crippling.

There are going to be lots of men who now take safe sex seriously :slight_smile:

1 Like

I agree. It should be a joint decision. And a boy of 17 is fucking about too and should bear responsibility.

The point is. The girl decides in most of the cases and the guy has got to follow suit.

I am not judging. I made a sensible comment after getting a baby myself (well my partner delivered her of course), she is now 4 months old.