U.S. Politics

You lot are pretty much synonymous at this point.
Apart from genocide, every other atrocities have been matched.

That’s the big one for me. Every country has crime and weirdos but only the USA manages to combine an exceptionally stupid citizenry with free and easy gun ownership.

2 Likes

I always chuckle though when Merkel and other Germans want to lecture America on Nazism as if it never happened in Germany and as if Germans are in a position to preach without feeling any guilt.

Did she do that a lot? I usually read it as “this happened here, don’t let it happen to you too.”

Maybe I’m being charitable.

3 Likes

Every nation and race of people are guilty of this in their past. Kind of ridiculous point really. India is basically in the process of cleansing areas of Muslims.

That’s exactly what it is and not some sort of hypocritical browbeating.

2 Likes

Don’t really emphasise that India is some sort of role model(we are) country to begin with.

Yea I would say Germany is in fact extremely aware of their past there.

3 Likes

Well except for some Bundesliga fans who love dabbling in light anti-Semitism.

They are very cautious and educated and respectful on that topic, in general, is my experience.

2 Likes

She does it to promote the EU and UN motivation to get America to cede to more multilateralism and everything that goes with that. This is a rabbit hole I really don’t want to get into here, in terms of the unaccountable corrupt supranational institutions that rise to accompany such multilateralism, or more accurately: supranationalism. If you don’t see the UN as horrid in terms of how it has evolved and what it has become, we will never get to anywhere near agreement on this area of discussion here.

2 Likes

It’s the first time you mentioned the UN so this is a bit of a crazy thing to write.

1 Like

I started with if. If you see the UN as horrid also, then good. The problem is this all overlaps with why the EU was no good either, and why I rather supported Brexit (which I know will likely be an unpopular view here).

The UN, nato and all these types of bodies people should be worried about it.

1 Like

Oh yes, it was “self-defence”, how silly of me to pass judgement on the basis of him shooting an unarmed man at point blank, 4 times.

Glad we agree :slight_smile:

They were not unarmed.
One of them had a gun and admitted to have had the intent to use it but got shot in arm before he could.

2 Likes

That’s unfortunately not exclusive to the bundesliga. We have some anti semite cretins amongst the club football fans in the Netherlands as well.

Ajax is known for being a “Jewish” club as one of its early investors saved the club from its demise and he was Jewish.

So now we hear the occasional “hamas hamas alle joden aan het gas”, which translates to “hamas hamas all Jews gassed”. The Dutch variant rhymes. Needless to say it does rile me up, but I find solace in that these “fans”’have got the IQ of a rock.

1 Like

Why have Self-Deense in quotation marks? Are you one person here who does not accept the due process (with jury) that has taken place?

But he is now…

3 Likes