The State of The Arsenal

Arsenal is still transitioning from a Wenger’s club to something new that transition needs to take place with a different kind of manager and new thinking from the board.
We are not looking for another Wenger and the board needs to understand this. Football in the prem is cut throat and success is vital if the club has ambition.

3 Likes

:arteta: :ozil:

1 Like

Does anyone else not give too many craps about watching us at the moment?

2 Likes

We have the worst group of defenders most of us have seen at the club, and we bought Tierney and Luiz, which is hardly going to change anything.
Tierney is more of an attacking player than defender, and Luiz was a straight replacement for Kos.

There was very little defensive coaching when Wenger was here, and there seems to have been very little since Emery arrived.

Wenger was hopeless when it came to buying defenders and coaching them and Emery was supposed to have sorted this situation out and he is no better.

The whole attitude of the club, from the board and the manager to the players is sheer complacency, a lack of urgency and repeating the same mistakes.

Rather than getting a new manager and new players, we could do worse than to get a new board.
Look no further than Leicester for a board that, not only run the club properly, they have ambition and won’t accept mediocrity.

But most of all they respect their supporters and do their best for them.

Kroenke isn’t fit to lace their boots.
He is a disgrace to our club.

2 Likes

Watched Liverpool vs Man City yesterday and the gulf in class and quality between those two sides and us is so much, we shouldn’t be playing in the same league as them.

They play the ball out of defense as well as they do because they are excellent footballers, who can pass short or long with laser precision. Also, they don’t always pass to feet like we do, instead pass into spaces. The biggest difference, everything is done at pace.

I actually enjoyed watching a quality game of football after I dunno how long cause I normally only watch our shit. Gonna start watching Liverpool a lot more from now on.

2 Likes

This is total nonsense. Tierney looks a fantastic prospect and Luiz is miles better than the old Koscielny. We also signed a player who looks to be one of the most exciting CBs in Europe who will be with us next season.

We strengthened adequately in defence - we just don’t have a system that protects our defence. They’re basically just inviting pressure and defending with minimal protection all game long. That isn’t sustainable

3 Likes

I agree that Tierney does look a good signing but I still don’t think we have a CB that is top four quality and with the lack of organisation, they don’t even look mid table quality.

1 Like

David Luiz is one of the most successful CBs in the PL with numerous trophies won as a starting CB under top managers.

Whether Arsenal fans want to rate him or not - Luiz is a good CB.

2 Likes

I think we have some good players and enough that are ok that we should do much better than we are although the squad overall remains disappointing given the money spent on transfer fees and wages.

The immediate crisis is Emery needing to be replaced by a decent manager. However vital issues also exist with the squad eg Xhaka, Mustafi etc, with player recruitment. with retention of top players and above all there is complacency across the club at a senior level to be addressed that drives this endless decline.

For years now we have had scapegoats. Wenger and Gazidis. Now Emery and Xhaka and yes I agree they all need/ed to go. However the fundamental rot starts above this and radiates down from there. I was very pleased that I boycotted my season ticket this year. In the end the fans have all the power to get the owner and his board to change. I voted with my feet. Initially people like me will be a trickle but in time it will become a river if it continues as it looks like it may well do.

I just hope Stan Kroenke and his wanker seven figure salary yes men fuck off soon (although I fear Kroenke is here for a good while yet no matter what I wish) so we can start to get rid of this rot and have hope once more that the Arsenal will compete at a top. top level again.

5 Likes

It goes without saying but firing Emery is not going to fix this club. That’s why I was such an advocate of blowing things up at the end of last season.

We joke on here a lot about Arsenal being in crisis and the whole broken cannon graphic but I do think the club are in a crisis. For whatever reason it doesn’t appear it ever crossed Raul’s mind that Emery might need to be replaced mid-season so there’s absolutely no plan to do it now. Instead there’s this weird apathy coming from the club. “Eh, we’ll reevaluate at the end of the season. There’s already a break in his contract so there’s no rush.” If you were cynical you’d say that the Board are always going to back him in public until they fire him but I don’t think Arsenal are that savvy.

It’s definitely going to get worse before it gets better.

3 Likes

That’s exactly how the board want you to react. It’s all Wengers fault, he was a kevlar vest for the incompetence happening far above his head, and he’s been gone years now but nothing has changed. I’m sure Sir Chips Keswick appreciates the pass he gets because ignorant fanatics are still frothing at the mouth over a guy who’s been gone two years lulululul :joy::joy: wake the fuck up breh.

1 Like

I started reading the first sentence and then I decided not to waste my time reading any further.

Was good chatting to you mate :ozil:

1 Like

Live look at the Arsenal fan base:

It’s all Wenger’s fault we are so shit derrrrpppppp :joy::joy::joy::+1::+1::+1:

1 Like

That image illustrates you to the T! Well done mate coming around :ozil:

1 Like

He is a decent CB, and certainly better than the dross he is playing alongside, but he was surplus to Chelsea’s requirements and they had a transfer ban.

I think it shows how poor our CB options are, when a reject from Chelsea automatically becomes our best CB.

1 Like

I called the real issues with the club years ago my dood, I wasn’t a part of the masses who thought once Wenger was gone the clubs fortunes would turn :joy::joy: and tbh even more embarrassing is ppl still blaming the dumpster fire we have now on Wenger, lelelelelelllelel you almost couldn’t make up how dull and ignorant some ppl can be. But yeh keep beating that drum my dood :+1::+1::grin::grin:

1 Like

I called out Wenger’s ineptitude back on the old OA forum. Must have been 8 years ago or so. It was already apparent your overlord dood was past it and a tactical dinosaur.

:ozil:

1 Like

Wallowing in ignorance for 8 years must be great, the ultimate bliss I’m told. Unfortunately I have to deal with the real world, dont let that stop u from being smoked out af homeboy :joy::joy::+1::+1:

Nothing wrong with the personnel

They’re just not buying into what Emery is trying to do.

There’s no motivation

1 Like

The irony of your posts escape you. It must be bliss to be you, living in ignorance day to day

:ozil:

1 Like