it’s like Chelsea under AVB but worse

3 Likes

Yeah, it’s like Chelsea in the 1980s

2 Likes

It’s like made in Chelsea.

2 Likes

More like the only way is Essex

1 Like

The state of Arsenal is an absolute disgrace, given the resources and potential of the club we are currently as bad as you could be performance wise.

1 Like

I think the thread should be renamed to the state of Arsenal fans. Fucking hell, I dread watching us play now.

Watching Arsenal now is like a chore. Pointless, boring but you just have to do it every week.

2 Likes

I was with family all afternoon and evening yesterday so although I had SkySports on during the game and was following updates on my phone my mind was half somewhere else mentally.

After waking up this morning and having some time alone to watch the highlights and properly reflect on things I genuinely don’t think I’ve been this down about the state our football is in and how bleak things feel right now.

I don’t ever in my life recall approaching home games to mid-level teams in the league with a realistic expectation of not winning/performing, to then be served exactly that.

Results aside, the football is unidentifiable, manager decisions are dumb and inconsistent lineups game by game add to the aggravation.

Just feels like things need to change asap, even if the results won’t change overnight the optimism amongst fans (and players?) seem to be deteriorating very drastically. Otherwise we’re looking at a train approaching us and just not acting.

Find it very hard to believe we can leave things as they are and Unai et all will truely turn this around.

4 Likes

I can’t remember a season where the opposition had so many shots than us in almost every game.
Teams are regularly getting more than ten and sometimes, like against Wolves and Watford, more than twenty shots on our goal.

There doesn’t seem to be any midfield organisation to stop other teams getting in these positions and it’s not as if Emery is any closer to sorting it out.

The only good thing about this situation is that I’m winning a few quid every game by betting against us when we are in the lead.

I can remember when we were nearly this bad and it was the 1982/83 season.

I remember standing on the North Bank at Highbury on a mid week match seeing us only just win in a thrilling game against Villa with about 15,000 in attendance.

A few weeks earlier we had been outplayed at home by a rising Watford team where we lost 4-2 in front of about 28,000.

Scum were much better than us that season. You didn’t feel that confident before playing anyone at home although to be fair even then I would have been more optimistic of beating teams like Wolves at home than we are now.

We have become a financial super power in world football since then thanks to the likes of David Dein, George Graham and the early Wenger years. However the last 11 years (which coincided with Mr Stan joining the Board) have been a continued decline.

I am hoping Raul may be the one to stop the rot but his slow response to the growing emergency continues to disturb. I do think however he will be forced by player and fan unrest to act soon although it is a shame we should have to have waited for the dressing room to start turning against Emery before he really starts getting into any kind of action.

Emery has lost the dressing room or large parts of it for sure now. The team have lost the plot and we were completely out played by little Wolves in the second half yesterday.

4 Likes

Them shit seasons with Paul Mariner and Raphael Meade.
Up and down the country with O,Leary at CB and Samson at LB your standout players.
Culminating in that Spartak Moscow spanking at home 5 1. Heady days.

1 Like

The cunts higher up just don’t care. Kroenke FC.

As long as the money comes in they don’t give a fuck eroding the club’s stature and culture.

Bunch of gutless twats. Top to bottom. Mentality at the club is just a disaster last decade.

4 Likes

When they come out with statements describing supporters as “noise,” they should find out who said it and name him.
It’s not the first time the board have insulted the supporters, Hill Wood has done it before him, when he said "they don’t know what they’re talking about.

The arrogance of these people is astonishing considering that without the “noise” there would be no club.

What you say is absolutely right, the mentality at the club is just a disaster since we moved from Highbury.

We’re going down hill and the owners are sitting by watching it happen and, as long as they’re making a profit, they will continue to do nothing.

They’ve done the absolute minimum since they took over, and this season just proves that they no nothing about running a PL football club, they don’t care, they don’t listen, and the complete lack of urgency and ambition is there for all to see.

They are a disgrace.

4 Likes

It’s a truly disgraceful statement by a club official. Unreal the disrespect towards us the fans.

The change in mentality from Highbury to Emirates is indeed unbelievable.

I can understand it takes time. But it’s been going steadily downhill ever since we moved and that is down to as you said a complete lack of ambition by the board.

The only way these arrogant twats change their ways is if they feel their revenue shrink. Until then they don’t care if we are mid tablers and being the joke of the league season in, season out.

Even Emery’s nonsensical statements post match are testament to the carelessness of the board. They don’t care this guy tells us we did well because we played according to the game plan even if we threw away a lead. Not once, but multiple times. Disgraceful in so many ways.

Really hope to have our Arsenal back one day again.

4 Likes

I’m beginning to find it a chore to watch this team and the more I watch, the more I begin to dislike this manager and this squad.

Our supporters overrate the fuck out of these players and the current situation we’re in. Truth is, people love to call us a Big Club but we’re not a big club and we haven’t been one for a long time. We haven’t won a major trophy in over a decade, been out of the CL for 3 seasons with a potential 4th straight, and we have a board and manager who are second rate.

We’re a middle of the road midtable side playing in the EL with a zero fucking goal difference. That’s what we are now and I fucking hate it. If Emery is still here in two weeks, I may stop watching Arsenal until he’s fired. I’m fed up.

5 Likes

Our squad is 4th/5th best right now, but not far from 3rd… only two teams provide a gulf atm, and we can see with LC being above City that things can happen.

Our issue atm is really down to the manager. Assuming we had a top manager like Klopp, we would be 3rd imho and perhaps where LC is right now in second. The fact that we are now starting to spend as well and things should be much better.

Everything is sh*t right now, but at least we have a VERY clear and singularly identifiable fix - the rest will take time.

1 Like

I’m worried for this club, I’m really am. I don’t think getting rid of Emery will solve a lot of the problems. I think half this squad is as big a problem as the coach. A lot of them are here for a easy time and to pick up a nice pay day. The Board are spineless and just looking for a easy time of it with top 4 finishes and have no desire to push on to win titles imo.

I don’t think we ever get relegated but we could end up been a fading force even more then we are soon enough.

1 Like

I view ppl like you, just as responsible for that as the Kroenke’s tbh.

Ridding Emery will solve a few problems but I agree many still exist. Emery himself though has a squad that should be finishing 3rd-4th looking every bit a bottom half side as things stand.

Do agree with a lot of the other things you said about our board and ownership aspirations etc

Even if we had the 6th most talented side which could be argued, theres no way in hell we should have a negative gd after however many matches considering the money invested into our attack.

4 Likes

Funny you say so, as I view people like you and Wenger responsible for the eroding of Arsenal’s stature and culture.

A decade of complacency and silliness by Wenger. Forging a culture of weaklings on the field and perennial underachievers. Supported by people like you.

5 Likes