The State of The Arsenal

I guess less about Mari and more about the players either being shit when we lost and Arteta and the players being great when we win. Which is it?

Well, which one is it to you and why do you disagree with whoever it is that thinks differently and isn’t some random twitter cunt? (can find pretty much any opinion on there if you’re inclined)

There hasn’t been any major shift in opinion around here. We won a few games and people are marginally happier.

4 Likes

Arsenal fans just jump very quick not so much on this forum but in general.

Neither Mari or Holding are good enough to be starters at Arsenal, but lots of Arsenal fans on social media are talking them up after the last 3 games.

3 Likes

It is more on twitter than here, I guess I’m just venting.

2 Likes

That’s ok, I’m just busting chops. I’m on a week off.

1 Like

Lucky prick

1 Like

Mari has shown he can be reliable back up to Gabriel, that’s about as much as anyone expected from him and about as much as he’s delivered.

Don’t really see anyone going on like he’s prime Cannavaro tbh. Even in Reddit they aren’t going mad and they fall to pieces over any one and everything. Twitter’s a different animal though, half the time people on it are just purposely disingenuous for attention. Don’t fall for it.

3 Likes

I actually think Mari is the perfect back up.

Not too old, decent wages, looks good enough to play ~20 games a season across all competitions when called upon.

Gabriel first choice, Mari back up.

Same goes for Holding. Just need a top class RCB to pair Gabriel and our back line will be very strong.

3 Likes

There was this great CB from Saint Etienne we bought for 30M we haven’t given a chance to :joy:

3 Likes

Chambers as 5th choice if shit hits the fan. We’re set for centre back for next season. Unless Saliba actually is shit.

1 Like

It’s true Mari has had a couple of decent games but most of us on OA would look ok at CB playing against West Brom.

Like you say, neither he or Holding are good enough to start for us but they’re still young and good enough as cover for Gabriel and whoever the next superstar CB we get from the French league is.

2 Likes

Looks like a new Director of Football Operations for Arsenal. What impact will this have?

2 Likes

Edu phased out?

Don’t think so, we still need someone to work on those PowerPoint presentations used in transfer negotiations.

4 Likes

Right you can bin off your Wenger dream now.:yum:

3 Likes

No he’s replacing Huss Fahmy

We’ve basically spent the last 4/5 years just changing our leadership structure with no improvement in our fortunes lol

9 Likes

With Garlick joining, it looks like all the ingredients are coming together.

9 Likes

I’m not sure about that mate, we’ve had regular changes at board level recently, Garlick might just be another temporary flavor of the month.

3 Likes

Yah hope he keeps the blood suckers away when handing out new contracts and doesn’t en up stinking up the gaff.

2 Likes