The State of The Arsenal

Wonder if Garlick likes bread?

6 Likes

Waiting for Onion to replace Arteta

2 Likes

Hopefully it’s a case of throw enough shit and eventually some will stick.

1 Like

Olive oillegri in next and then we’re really cooking.

3 Likes

Craig, what is that?

Ah, I’m gonna give you the like anyway

1 Like

You’ve got some sauce

2 Likes

We were doing the puns ages ago

Took you a while to ketchup

6 Likes

A for effort

Just keep ya coulis
I’ll be spreading it later .

3 Likes

Project anti-corruption entering phase 2 - hire all the lawyers.

I hear phase 3 will involve reanimating the corpse of Nelson Mandela and making him Chief Ethical Officer

1 Like

Safe to say we hired the wrong people. We should have never gone after Sanllehi in the first place. Barcelona fully leaned on that great front three and the remininants of the Guardiola’s teams, but other than that their business was completely fucked. Edu has a reasonable start with Gabriel and Partey in my opinion, but still needs to prove himself.

I reckon this Garlick is not going to help us further. Except too prevent that we will make those mistakes again that Tim Lewis has come in to fix, since his background lies in sports law. We are still going to be fully depended on Arteta and Edu to identify the right players.

1 Like

We’ve been declining for years now, but there are green shoots of life when you look at Gabriel, Tierney, ESR, Saka and Martinelli. That’s a solid core of promising players coming through.

Pepper that with a bit more quality like Partey and Aubameyang then we’re starting to look like Arsenal Football Club again at least in terms of quality on the pitch.

1 Like

Dunno mate. Think we’re just peppering over the cracks.

2 Likes

Ozil
Kolasinac
Sokratis
Mustafi
Xhaka
Willock
Luiz
Ceballos
Chambers
Pepe
Willian
Bellerin

Still have a ways to go.

2 Likes

Mustafi and Ceballos are basically gone. Luiz too, unless we give him another extension which I hope we better not. But worried of how we will get rid of Xhaka and Pepe.

3 Likes

I don’t mind starting the season with Pepe, Willian, Bellerin, Willock and Xhaka but we definitely need to bring in a starting midfielder, winger and a right back to make sure these guys are not relied on a regular basis.

2 Likes

Back in the summer :grin:

1 Like

I forgot Kola contract doesn’t run out until next year :joy::rofl:

I an OK with Xhaka as a depth option and Willock if he wants to stay the bench. But I really think either Pepe or Willian has to go this summer. Neither of them are good enough and both of them can really only play RW, so they are both useless and redundant.

To me, it makes the most sense to sell Pepe as soon as we can before he loses all value. We could hopefully recoup like 30-35m from either an Italian side like Napoli (who might take a punt given they were ready to buy him for 70m before) or from a mid-table English side like West Ham looking to bring in a big name.

I can’t see us buying a new RB while we have three of them on the team. So while I’d rather keep AMN than Bellerin, I’d be happy to sell either of them if we could get decent fees. Or both to be honest.

2 Likes

1 Like