The State of The Arsenal

We are too much like Chelsea nowadays, but without the winning, which is really pathetic lelell :joy::joy: we’ve turned into a club with absolutely zero class without Wenger and like I said that could be palatable if we were winning. But we’ve slipped in both aspects. Wenger would fix that sharpish.

2 Likes

Happy to eat humble pie on this. I wanted Wenger out but I’d gladly take him back now.

2 Likes

I’m not big on rehabilitation myself. Sentence stands.

1 Like

I respect this view, too.

It was the right decision to move him on if we wanted to try and further ourselves, with Wenger we had reached a ceiling of 4th and 75ish points so we were never winning the league again under him.

Unfortunately for us taking that risk has gone the other way though, many poor decisions and we’re now worse. I think we’d still be a top 6 side under Wenger, but I still think it was the right call to move him on.

1 Like

“But the path of the righteous one is like the bright light, that is getting lighter and lighter, until the day is firmly established.” - Proverbs 4:18

Let the church say amen! Amen…

1 Like

Amen

1 Like

With pretty shitty investment tho. If we’d spent 50m on a proper Wenger target instead of Laca, 70m on Wenger targets instead of Xhaka/Musti, and 72m on a Wenger target instead of Pepe, we’d be getting much more bang for our buck. In fact we had it set up properly with Wenger managing and Sven recruiting…i think we would have been a lot better under Sven as well. We were on the verge of winning a title if Santi and Coq weren’t injured so I dunno about all that Aussie. We’d be finishing anywhere between 1st and 4th, but u can probably throw some FA Cups, Europa League finals and most likely wins in there cuz Arsene would get us there eventually.

However take the football competely out of it. Does it fulfill you to be supporting such a rotten fucking club? What kind of connection or bond do you share with Raul Sanlehi or his group of corrupt agents he’s brought along to besmirch our club? Im sorry but some things are above wins and losses and this is one of them.

Top 4.

Wenger’s last season was an anomaly because he didn’t give a shit where we finished. It was a bit like Cloughie getting Forest relegated!

I look at some of the results and performances we’ve had this season and I’m sure Wenger has us where Chelsea are right now. No higher (definitely) and no lower (arguably)

1 Like

Yeah maybe top 4 this season given Chelsea are only 51 points from 30 games, I tend to agree with that.

He was unlucky to miss top 4 in 16/17, I don’t think 75 points has ever missed the CL places other than that season.

1 Like

Another good reason to be an atheist.

2 Likes

If there was a god , Graham
Seaman , Dixon , Adams , Bould , Keown, winterburn Petit , Viera, Wright , Henry , Ljunberg , Would have retired,
Invincible, unbeatable THE Arsenal

1 Like

There is no way Georgie Graham is re-signing those 3 clowns in defence like we did yesterday.

I miss Graham :pensive: proper Arsenal DNA. He’s not even on our TV screens any more

1 Like

Seperation of church and OA. Ban applied!

2 Likes

GG had lost the changing room . He was and made The Arsenal.
Watch Anfield 89 at the final whistle, he was , even then keeping his distance, calming players down .
Graham knew the traditions of The Arsenal
It was these traditions that made Arsenal powerful off the field .
I’m genuinely sad for my Arsenal,

1 Like

GG’s time here ended in disgrace. Let’s not beat around the bush. He brought two players to the club simply because he received a payday from the agent. Not sure that exemplifies the traditions of The Arsenal.

Sounds like Raul is continuing the tradition then. Signs a couple of injured stiffs to loans and then 4 year deals.

He get a cut on both?:thinking:

3 Likes

That will all come out, I’m sure. Doesn’t excuse what GG did.

It’s probably more of, we take some of Kia’s shit (sign an injured player on loan AND a 4 year deal for two separate agent’s fees) and Kia does us a solid down the line and guides a Neres-type to Arsenal before moving him onto Bayern or wherever. Sure we’d have to allow Kia to park distressed assets like a Coutinho at the club from time to time but we’d also have an outlet for our garbage too.

I don’t think it’s accurate to say he only signed those players cos of the bung. Jensen was relatively hot property and seen as a bit of a coup at the time. Lydersen was a cheap back up. There was a thing for Scandinavian players at time too.

And managers got bungs back then. It’s an indictment on Graham that he took one but it’s a bigger indictment on the authorities that no one else ever got done for it.

4 Likes