The State of The Arsenal

There is a simple response to idiots like this…no Gabriel Jesus since the World Cup…would Spurs or Liverpool be where they are without Kane or Salah for the same length of time? What if Haaland was injured for City? Or Rashford injured for Utd…everyone seems to have forgotten we lost our main man for a large part of the season but we’re still top on merit.

Oh and on the subject of luck…VAR Arsenal v Brentford…

Yeah, we’ve actually dealt with injuries extremely well so far.

No Smith Rowe for almost all of the season so far. No Zinchenko for most of the first half of the season. No Jesus post-WC so far.
And I haven’t mentioned all the short term injuries from Partey, Nelson, Odegaard, etc.

Real concern

Wasn’t Jesus supposed to be back by now

At the end of the day (cc Party thread) it’s points on the board that matter. 20/26 in the win column.

Seriously though they are going to kill me.

1 Like

18 points above Tottenham

9 Likes

Never mind the state of the Arsenal how about the state of everyone’s nerves and fingernails, how many more last minute goals are we gonna have this season.
What ever happens this has been one hell of a ride.

1 Like

It is a concern although

Jesus should be back in the next week or 2

Eddie we don’t know if it’s serious at all.

Trossard let’s wait and see.

Nketiah, Trossard and Jesus injuries are worrying. Especially as ESR looks rusty and not very match fit.

Two PL games left in March before the international break. Just got to find a way to get over the line hook or crook before then.

I’d play Nelson Martinelli Saka as the front three.

ESR needs to be playing every U23 games + cameo’s possible at this point. Building the endurance necessary for the run in is going to be so crucial.

2 Likes

The intensity of the match yesterday would have served well for ESR & Nelson, who could be crucial depth options for the next 19 games(if we go all the way to Europa final).

2 Likes

The greatest threat to Arsenal’s title hopes could well be an element of emotional fatigue.

Seen this mentioned quite a lot of late. (This one from The Athletic / James).
Thoughts? Is emotional fatigue a thing to be worried about?

Doesnt look like we’re struggling with it at the moment does it

4 Likes

This is the latest thing they’re going to push to question if we have what it takes

It was “how will they respond to a defeat” and now for the third time we’ve responded to a defeat with victories and showing our mental strength and desire.

“They haven’t played the big teams yet” we’ve been everyone in the current top 8 except for City.

25 games into the season, 5 points clear at the top. We might not win it but we absolutely have what it takes to be in this title race until the end

8 Likes

Nah the adrenaline is at an all time high you could see it everywhere, the party isn’t over yet.
It seems there are gonna be those looking for any negatives in how we are playing.

Ive always been precarious about our European games starting back up again

Can we maintain the race along with midweek Europe games, thats the real test now

As exhilarating as that game against Bournemouth was, and as much as the narrative is around the never say die spirit of this team and being able to get wins from difficult positions, we have got to stop putting ourselves in such situations. I know the players will be on a high after this latest result but I hope Arteta emphasizes on being more solid at the back.

I am not a fan of xG but against us Bournemouth had an xG similar to what they had against West Ham and Forest. I understand we’ll get caught out now and then at the back given how many players we commit to attack but it’s happening too often for my liking. Had it not been for a super save by Ramsdale, we could have been conceded 3 goals and that could have been the end of it.

Have to go back to doing whatever it was we were doing before the World Cup, cause I don’t think we can keep coming back from behind and winning games. I also hope having Jesus back will put the opposition under much more pressure to not be able to create openings against us.

We have very little pedigree here, so pundits will obviously question our credentials until we actually win it especially up against a PL juggernaut like Pep’s City. Many said Leicester would dip too. We have a lot of players who shat the bed to lose 4th when it looked very likely. I’m happy to be questioned as we’ve ultimately delivered nothing yet.

1 Like

Tbf, being questioned till we actually win it might keep our young squad grounded and hungry rather than being big upped and get complacent. In that sense, people still bring a bit reserved about us might be a blessing in disguise.

1 Like

Leicester is a good comparison in many ways. Think we all have a inner worry no matter how good it feels right now.
Think we are all at the point of knowing it’ll bloody hurt if we don’t do this.