The Simpsons

When Homer is looking at the globe and says “lol there’s a country called u are gay (Uruguay)” :joy::joy::joy:

2 Likes

When the school air con packs in;

“I’ve got 2 kindsa wet in my pants”

2 Likes

I’ve just watched it and I can’t agree. Obviously the storyline is stupid but I felt they even acknowledged that themselves with the reference to no one ever mentioning it again at the end. There are some great moments in it though, taken as just twenty minutes of television is perfectly fine.

Yeah, seemed to me like someone inserted that line at a late stage as a cheap way to try and excuse the absolute shit that was the storyline. They thought it would be enough to get them a pass but fans clearly disagreed and generally hate the episode.

I would say rather than trying to get a pass it was more so that it was too late to do anything than air it by the time someone made the call to include that part. I remember hearing that between writing, animating, voice over and editing it took 6-8 months to make an episode.

But I don’t know that obviously. Ultimately I don’t think it’s that bad an episode though.

There are a lot of bits that are good in that episode, lots of really good gags, don’t get me wrong.

I just think it was a serious misstep because it somewhat pulled the rug out from underneath a character that fans had come to love. I think this being a misjudgement is illustrated by fan reaction in this case, it stands out among the rest of the season as a very unpopular episode.

None of that is to say you’re wrong to feel otherwise, it’s not like I let it ruin my enjoyment of the show, it’s just an episode I’m not fond of (so “travesty” might have been too strong a term on reflection)

1 Like