The Simpsons

I Was scrolling through twitter and I saw a ‘moment’ related to the Simpsons I found funny. Since we have a lot of Simpsons buffs I figured I’d make a thread dedicated to the subject, tbh surprised we don’t already have one. Anyways 27 years ago today one of the funniest episodes aired.

“The Simpsons fans fondly remember Homer at the Bat 27 years later”

2 Likes

Amazing show in its prime but such a steep decline :tired_face:

2 Likes

I’m surprised @Mysty hasn’t already made a Simpsons thread!

2 Likes

True Simpsons fans dont need a thread, we just crowbar references and memes into other topics

4 Likes

This is the thread for the ppl who stopped watching half way through season 9 when it ceased to be funny 🖒🖒😁

It’s never once occured to me, to even make a Simpsons thread. I’m not even sure we had one, even on old OA :sweat_smile: No one watches modern day Simpsons. And talking about the old episodes probably wouldn’t get much discussion really. I think @JakeyBoy summed it up perfectly it’s best uses.

No denying though, the baseball episode is a fine episode though @BigWeng_4LYFE :+1:

3 Likes

Homer Goes To College, for me

“Mr Simpson, our noses are bleeding” :joy::joy:

1 Like

That’s almost spot on!

The movie was a recent peak. They (the writers) ought to identify why it was so successful across all audience groups. It’s because they recaptured their roots.

Even Bart sounds like a bloody teenager now and he’s voiced by a woman!

1 Like

Do people even still watch this?

I stopped around season 10 which was like 1999 lmao

Anyone else watch The Simpsons at 6PM on BBC2 every night religiously? Childhood memories :giroud3:

1 Like

Naw, but it was awesome in its prime. Better than crap like Friends :stuck_out_tongue:

5 Likes

Mate- simpsons at 6pm, fresh prince or Malcolm in the Middle at 6.25. Bliss!

2 Likes

Then Fresh Prince afterwards.

End of school til six o clock was spent playing football on the street.

Childhood was fuckin lit

3 Likes

Oh yeah forget about that was class haha. TV for kids was much better in our generation imo.

I even used to watch Randall and Hopkirk deceased after the simpsons :joy:

A re run of the 60s detective series. Loved it!

I remember it best on Channel 4, 6pm everyday followed by hollyoaks around the mid to late 2000s when I watched it. It’s 2019 however and they still do that I think lol

Hahaha I remember that. I was a Hollyoaks guy too. The days of Warren

Sorry, didn’t mean to divert from The Simpsons

1 Like

Yes followed by buffy or star trek