The Russian Invasion of Ukraine

Because there aren’t any. It’s just classic Russian propaganda against Sweden. Saying that Ingmar Bergman, Astrid Lindgren and Ingvar Kamprad were nazi collaborators is extremely laughable. Not the first time they try this either.

3 Likes

ye. we probably have our couple of percent of the population who project their shitty life situation on other people to at least belong to a group and if it wasn’t another race it’d be a football team or some other group, I think that goes for most countries. But that’s probably it, the rest up there ^ is nonsense, obviously.

Sure thing. It’s stupid assertion from Russia.

But Ukraine is a different story. There are nazis and many of them and many other right wing groups. From bottom to up they are influential in Ukraine. I posted two dozen of articles by western media highlighting Ukraine’s nazi problem. Western media. Not Russian. :wink:

You kind of lose credibility when you keep parroting this clearly pro-Russian line.

Isn’t this just the pot calling the kettle a Nazi!? Russia is notorious for it’s white supremacist fascist subculture. Allot of Russian disinformation campaigns targeting the U.S. and Europe have been through far right nationalist channels and sympathizers within them.

I’m somewhat indignant at the US gov’t and media’s coordinated news blitz about the invasion. Having said that IT’S STILL AN INVASION by Russia and I don’t support that in almost all cases. That’s whether it’s American, European or Russian.

I have to admit though you’re a bit slanted in your views.

Erm. Just because it is pro-Russian doesn’t mean it isn’t true. Or do your western media like The Guardian, BBC, CNN, Politico, Salon, ForeignPolicy and many others all lie about the neo nazi problem in Ukraine.

It’s really astounding you quote that part of my post and tell me I lose credibility by parroting this. Lol. That is literally documented by many western media as I have shared some posts back. Ukraine has got a nazi problem. And after the 2014 coup they have become increasingly dominant and violent towards those who are sympathetic to Russia.

And despite what you might hear or think. There are many Ukrainians sympathetic to Russia. Including part of my family who still lives in Ukraine.

What do you know about Ukraine and it’s politics? You say there isn’t a nazi problem? There are no nazi nor fascist nor extreme right people in power in Ukraine politics?

Please enlighten me.

Yes I know. The way you keep repeating yourself is very much like the Russian propaganda machine. Probably why most don’t find you creditable.

1 Like

It’s funny how dozens of Western articles are not credible. Alas, till the next time.

33 billion in support. Meanwhile inflation is sky high in the U.S. and elsewhere. Prices for everything going up because of this war. Poverty and homelessness rampant across the U.S. People can’t afford healthcare.

Gas prices in The Netherlands are triple and soon quadrupple of what they were a year ago. Everyone complaining about lack of wheat and sunflower oil and prices at the car gas station at record levels too.

At least weapons are sold and transported. Don’t worry the U.S. will support this war until the last Ukrainian. $$

Debts need to be repaid, people dying be damned.

There you go again.

Kim Jong-un denying the existence of nazis. typical

I’m trying to tell you that there are legitimate arguments beyond the one sided Western media campaign.

The problem is you keep focusing on a very narrow dynamic that can be used to criticize Russia just as much as Ukraine. This is why you look like you have an agenda rather than an informed, nuanced opinion.

I’m not an expert in Ukraine per se but based on my academic background and professional experience some would consider me an expert in nationalist movements in Europe.

2 Likes

@Forever oh no leftist media still not credible enough :rofl:

1 Like

I am focusing on nuance. That it’s not black and white this invasion. That the invasion for a Russia has got a reason. That it could have been avoided if Russia’s concerns were addressed. The same way England and the US have reasons to invade whoever they like to invade.

I share, what? 20 or so articles by western media addressing the Nazi problem.

Not Russian. So you people can’t tell me it’s Russia. I share Western media sources for you. Many, many of them. Extensively documenting Ukraine’s ethnic-fascist and nazi problem.

But because it doesn’t fit your narrative nobody cares. Russia bad. That’s all that matters.

No one of you high horse crusaders here gives a damn about all Ukrainians. Ukrainians who like Russia. Who question the nationalist toxic Ukrainians. Fuck them.

There are many Ukrainians, including a part of my family living inside western Ukraine, who are against the current regime. Who are afraid to speak out or show they are not against Russia. Because of Bandera nazi loving, Russia hating Ukrainians. Many native Ukrainians who have been critical of Ukraine have been arrested, or outright killed by Ukrainian extremists.

The Donbass has been indiscriminately shelled and attacked by Ukraine for 8 years. Killing thousands of civilians and children as well. This is also documented. No solution was reached because the U.S. needed this proxy war and promised Ukraine some support.

These are not fables. These are facts.

Telling me “but Russia has nazis too” is a faux-argument. I already explained they are not equal in terms of danger. Of course Russia has nazis. In a country of 140 million people you will find some nazis. These people are utterly stupid and idiotic, since their ancestors were murdered raped and pillaged by nazis.

My great grandmother was shot in the street by a German.

The fact is the US doesn’t give a damn about Ukraine either. They are fighting this proxy war propping up groups who hate Russians the most. Like the US does anywhere in the world against any regime they don’t like. Prop up extremists. Outcome long term be damned.

They own the PR game in the west and people know fuck all what is really going on and what Ukrainians think of all walks of life.

But if 20+ articles on Ukraine nazism by western media can’t give some perspective. Then nothing will be.

One last thing. Recently a Polish tv channel interviewed a Ukrainian couple. And a big scandal came about as people picked up on a book on the shelf behind them with a nazi swastika on it. They aren’t even hiding it. And the journalist forgot to edit it out.

Yes the invasion has got a reason and it’s mad Vladimir Putin dead set on rebuilding the Soviet empire.

Let’s just forget the problems in the Donbas getting bad after Russia backed separatists there and also annexed the Crimea.

But “high horse crusaders” should just forget these nuances so we can get behind thinking this invasion, murder, rape and destruction are all ok after all. And don’t forget Ukrainian and Swedish Nazis bad while Russian nazis understandable.

The bias in these arguments ignoring the underlying reality and justifying this genocidal invasion builds and builds. Misinformation and distortion like this is how the likes of Adolf Hitler came to power and kept widespread support of the German people through the atrocities of the Second World War.

But naturally I’m just an ignorant westerner so what do I know.

2 Likes

I’ve lost track of your actual point, to be honest. Ukraine has a significant nazi problem, fair enough, what conclusion are you suggesting should be drawn from this?

I accept Ukraine has a nazi problem, but I still feel comfortable broadly supporting Ukraine’s right to self determination when they’ve been invaded by Russia. If Russia were moving in to Ukraine to remove an aggressively expansionist and warmongering Nazi government, like they did in WW2, I would likely feel differently, but that’s not what their motivation is, is it?

4 Likes

I know three families from the Ukraine all Russian speakers. None are nazis. All paint a picture of Ukraine wanting self determination and to join mainstream European culture. All see this as a horrendous and aggressive invasion by a Putin hell bent on expanding his empire.

I think Putin thought the west would stand by just as they did when he took the Crimea and when he slaughtered Chechens and then Syrians in Aleppo. Now Ukraine is getting western support and sanctions on Russia he needs to find a way back down the hill while saving face although naturally he can put his own spin on it, publish pictures of dead people with white arm bands he’s had put on them and then blame it on Nazis.

The sooner a path to peace is found the better. The pragmatic part of me thinks Zelensky will have to cede territory in the Donbas and Crimea for good but maybe he’s happy to play the long game until Russia loses which it will as long as Biden is happy to pump money like he is to ensure this.

Not exactly related to this thread. But not exactly unrelated either.

1 Like

Vlad’s asscheeks are clenched so hard right now.

Beautiful.

They should have joined years ago and hopefully this will curtail the significant influence Russia has had on Finland for generations.

Loving how this invasion has backfired for Putin.

1 Like

well that’s fucking terrible news if true.

it’s not in the news yet here, hope he chats shit but prolly not (he’s a former pm and minister of foreign affairs and he is the overly serious type).