The randomly nothing thread

Seen on YouTube an active shooter drill. I couldn’t imagine having to go through these as a child. They would freak me the fuck out. Do they do this in work places aswell or is it just in schools and colleges?

Blows my mind how they happen like a fire alarm test

Given today’s news, there has been a debate on a group chat - rank the S Club girls in order. Yes I know this is so anti feminist and whatever, but just do it :sweat_smile:

I went with Rachel, Tina, Hannah, Jo. Which is the right order by the way.

1 Like

That’s exactly how I’d rank them.

Good taste

Edit: although I’m particularly to a button nose petite girl, so Hannah could be switched with Tina but I’m easy

1 Like

Tina
Rachel
Hannah

Massive gap

Gap is still going

Still going

Still going

Still going

Jo

1 Like

Yeah I’m easy on Rachel and Tina switching. Think Tina has aged the best for sure. But even back then she was under rated.

And yeah, we can all agree that Jo is last.

Well I say all, but there was a guy in group chat who put Tina last! Criminal.

2 Likes

What’s an S Club?

Ah you poor Americans haven’t lived. There ain’t no party like an S Club party.

4 Likes

If you like and appreciate really good musicianship and song writing then you should avoid listening to them. :grinning:

1 Like

I mean, you can appreciate good musicians and enjoy a bit of cheese too. You don’t have to constantly do this whenever I mention a pop group.

You do appreciate good music and although country isn’t what I prefer listening to, I certainly appreciate the skill of the musicians and songwriters.

But meaningless pop music, manufactured by greedy parasites like Simon Cowell with his manipulative talent shows that have nothing to do with talent and everything to do with making him very rich are what I can’t stand.

Any act that gets judged as good enough by the likes of Cowell, Amanda Holden, Sharon Osbourne, David Williams, etc, should be treated with the contempt it deserves.

If she didn’t know already then she does now :joy::joy:

Do not touch the king’s guards!

2 Likes

Is post number 666 not allowed? Or is it just me? :japanese_ogre:

1 Like

:person_shrugging:

:man_shrugging: Must be a sign

1 Like

Just been to Micky Flanagans gig at the hydro he was superb. Although your phone was locked in a wee pouch you carried from the moment you walked into the hydro and it wasn’t unlocked till you were walking out the door :joy:

5 Likes

Yep, we’re seeing him this summer and heard about the pouch thing

TBH I like the idea of it, I dont need my phone, Im going to sit with my wife and a beer and our mates and listen to him and laugh constantly!

1 Like

We had these in South Africa in my youth, we had regular drills for active shooter and bomb/explosive evacuations. I can tell you from what I saw, no one was freaked out and it was just part and parcel of life at that time.

People adapt and become accustomed to their surroundings - my last trip back to South Africa was in 2016 and in seeing armed guards refilling ATM/Cash machines in a shopping mall (4-5 guards all with R5 rifles, loaded, safety off and fingers on trigger) made me super uncomfortable but the local population didn’t even blink an eye because they see it every day.

1 Like

The pouch idea is good, partly to protect the comedian’s material so it can’t be shittily filmed and then uploaded out of context, but also so I don’t have to get distracted by some twat near me in the audience illuminating their entire face in a dimly lit room.

Bit of enforced non-phone time is good, and I say that as someone who is near constantly glued to mine.

3 Likes

A lot of singers have started doing this too. Madonna, Bob Dylan and others have done it. Suits me, hate being at a gig and watching it through someone’s phone. Would be fine if people just took a couple of pictures/short recordings, but they don’t, some people really insist on recording the whole bloody thing.

1 Like

We try and do it when were away on holiday

Keep the phones in the safe and go and enjoy yourself type thing.

Hard when all your music and camera options are on your phone though!

1 Like