The randomly nothing thread

His name must be Ross

3 Likes

According to AI Arsenal have the hottest in the league. Ben White has been rated (8.4) and his fiancee (9.4) which is very hard to disagree with tbf :joy:

Only The Scum could do an article like this

4 Likes

Ā£1 was the max under my pillow. Often times the tooth fairy would take the tooth and forget the Ā£1

1 Like

Back in the early 90s Iā€™d get like 20p haha

My little one is getting the same in 2028

1 Like

OA has been fucking fantastic the last 48 hours or so.

What a weekend, surprised the like feature isnā€™t broken by now.

9 Likes

Forum hasnā€™t crashed once. Impressive

6 Likes

Hey, guys, I need help. So like my job is journalist/editor, so Iā€™m supposed to be good with words. But I am struggling so much with my nanā€™s eulogy. Iā€™ve agreed to write it, but also say it because my mum and her four siblings say it is too hard. But Itā€™s ok for me to do apparently. I thought i could handle it, but donā€™t think I can! Itā€™s on Friday.

Has anyone got any lines or words that I put in? And then cry over. I am such an introvert, but absolutely no way am I having the minister just list a load of facts about my Nan.

3 Likes

I really donā€™t mean to compare the two things so apologies but I remember when I did best man at my brotherā€™s wedding and something I read before it was basically along the lines of it not really mattering what you said as everyone was on your side.

A couple of anecdotes, funny or factual, what she meant to you personally and the family as a whole. Iā€™ve never had to do this one but Iā€™ve been to funerals where people spoke for well over an hour about the person they had lost and others where it was like 2 minutes and they were equally touching.

I do think the words have to be your own, but I donā€™t think they can be the wrong ones so long as they are genuinely how you feel.

4 Likes

I done my dads one a few years ago. I sort of thought about what he had done for me but ultimately came to the conclusion and the thing I wanted to get over was he was my best friend.
I actually struggled wondering how I could replace this and realised heā€™d shown me the answer.
Basically try to be that person for my kids. Iā€™m far from perfect but try.
Iā€™d really try to portray what she means to you first and foremost.
What did she give you that meant the most. What is it you can take and use going forward in all aspects of your life.

2 Likes

You could let ChatGPT come up with a draft. Can be really helpful.

4 Likes

Capital have been doing a competition where if you answer the question correctly you can pick to go to any European city of your choosing. So far this week its been Rome twice and Barcelona.

Out of curiosity where would you all pick?

I would go for Barcelona as well probably as never been

1 Like

Iā€™m pretty well travelled in terms of our continent, having been to near twenty European countries, so Iā€™d also go for one Iā€™d never been to.

Either Moscow or Istanbul, I reckon. Definitely flirting with Asia a bit with that answer, as my 2012 trip to New York and Vegas is the only time Iā€™ve left Europe.

1 Like

Iā€™ve never been to Vienna or Salzburg and quite want to go as theyā€™re apparently stunning cities.

2 Likes

Berlin. Only been once for four days but itā€™s fascinating.

1 Like

Went there for my stag, then flew straight to Baku
Crazy few days

Actually, I changed my mind, the European city I would visit would be Baku.

1 Like

donā€™t go

Go to Vienna and and Salzburg you wonā€™t be disappointed, obviously Iā€™m biased as theyā€™re steeped in the history of Beethoven and Mozart but they are beautiful cities on their own merits.

Another bias on my part would be Sicily.

Iā€™ve never been to Norway or Sweden so maybe somewhere there would be attractive to me

1 Like

Women this morning picked Berlin.

Iā€™ll put that on my list also :joy: as all the presenters on capital where saying its a great city when she picked it

1 Like