The randomly nothing thread

Most/a lot of the stadiums there are built with public funds, right?

1 Like

Being the richest nation on earth with the 3rd largest population are probably the key reasons. Being sports mad another one.

Happy Ramadan to all the brothers, wishing everyone who’s fasting luck. This year prolly going to be the last of the hard years.

5 Likes

Happy Vaisakhi to anyone who may be celebrating (lockdown permitting)

Have a lovely one

3 Likes

Sainburys fan here but this is class from tesco :clap:

Good piece of marketing, subtlety mentioning their low prices on alcohol :grin:

6 Likes

Yuck supermarkets have killed many independent and small businesses. That ad is like a landlord tossing a 50p to a man he made homeless.

Reminds me of the Mcdonalds ad that shat all over independent coffee shops, something very sinister about a billion pound multinational attempting to brand itself as the place for regular folks

12 Likes

I saw that advert and my first thought was that it was a totally cynical move by Tesco. They are well aware that the good PR they get when most take this at face value is just as good for them, or better, than running an ad that advertises their latest beer promotion. Fucking corporations’ shallow attempts to portray themselves as benevolent never fail to wind me up lol

8 Likes

Happy Vaisakhi to you too bro :heart::pray:t5:

2 Likes

Have they though or is it in fact the government stealth taxing them to death?

I only thought the covid thread would be shut when the pandemic was over. A few OA members like hold my beer

7 Likes

10 Likes

A real shame man. I saw the new updated guidance on the AZ (and now J&J) vaccines and wanted to reassure that unless you’re a woman under 30 AND have had incredibly rare clotting disorders, then the vaccines are still safe to take and you should take them if you are offered them.

But I guess calling out some mod because they don’t want to put up with being a called a cunt all over an internet forum is a freedom worth sacrificing such threads for.

1 Like

@shamrockgooner let this good man post his news :eyes:

4 Likes

How broke must this guy be to be doing Cameo lol

2 Likes
2 Likes

Our man John Bercow is on Cameo too.

2 Likes

Hahaha, I was close to buying these as well.

1 Like

They look like fucking cockroaches or something.

1 Like