The randomly nothing thread

My mate’s a BT engineer and just got sent this lol

3 Likes

:joy::joy::joy:

This is when I knew it was a fake story

4 Likes

Had a nice little boost yesterday. Bought the new Samsung phone but also recycled my old one through them. Thought I was only going to get £73 for my old ass S8+.

Sent it off and got an email back saying the price had changed. Typical I thought, they’ll find something wrong with the phone and pay me even less for it. Instead, they had quoted me for an S8 rather than the plus size and also added another £150 for some Samsung trade in promotion. So all in all, they paid me £235 yesterday.

Already bought 4 bottles of whiskey, wonder what else I’ll impulsively buy lol

12 Likes

I was walking home today and this older man was standing at his door (I say standing but he honestly could barely stand straight) and he looked frantic. I asked him if he was ok and he’d told me his dad had collapsed on the kitchen floor.

I went inside the house and his dad was dead as anything. I called 999 and the operator asked me to turn him on his back but honestly speaking I turned him on his side and he couldn’t have been anymore dead.

I waited until the ambulance came and the paramedic took one look at him and asked me how long he’d been on the floor for. His son said 10 minutes but there’s no way that was the case.

When I left one of the neighbours said that his father was the one looking after his son who was disabled and they genuinely don’t know how he made it to the door to get my attention. Must have taken him an age to get to the front door bless him.

Honestly broke my heart to see the son (who said he was in his 50s). Seems like he’s alone now as one of the neighbours said his other brother and his sister had died (one in January and the other at the beginning of February). Awful for him.

20 Likes

Oh my god that’s awful, what a sad story. It’s been horrific hearing about people losing so many family members in such a short space of time in the last year.

Good on you for stepping up and helping a person in need, a lot of people would have just ignored it and gone on their way.

7 Likes

That’s a pretty disturbing story and tough day for you. Guessing your heads pretty wrecked.
Just take it easy and distract yourself. Done all you could for them.

6 Likes

It wasn’t a particular tough experience for me but I do feel bad for the family because it can’t be easy on them at all. Good looking out though mate. :fist:t3:

Gonna check out that Pele documentary tonight :ok_hand:t3:

4 Likes

A very helpful countdown until BEER O’ CLOCK. Bookmarked the living fuck out of this:

3 Likes

Awesome. I have 27 days to find 5 friends :smile:

1 Like

Not the correct dates for me but that is fucking epic :joy::joy::joy::clap:

1 Like

You’ve had 27 years and still no luck

2 Likes

Very generous of you to only say 27 years

1 Like

That is absolutely awful, but thank god you were there to help that poor bloke.

1 Like

walking back from work last night and I got to the road around the corner from where I live, I heard really fast running and this guy just came pelting down the pavement towards me like it was normal

was the oddest thing I’ve ever seen

5 Likes

Bought a wireless mouse for my WFH desk and I’m loving life r.n. So much freedom !! :raised_hands:

I’ve never needed my mouse to be further away from my computer than the cable allows it to. Not sure that I ever will as long as I continue working at a desk.

Neither do I but my desk looks tidier without the wire :joy: I did it for looking good haha

1 Like

Once you use a wireless mouse, you really love it.
I have now grown a habit of bending my arm and using the mouse in front of laptop rather than besides. Just more comfortable in some situations

2 Likes