The randomly nothing thread

Been doing this the last few days and itā€™s a God send. Helps me relax a lot and picks my mood up when Iā€™m feeling a little more down and less productive.

Good looking out, brother.

1 Like

Not a bad way to spend a Wednesday arvo, sucking piss at the Portsea Hotel.

6 Likes

Iā€™ve not had a draught pint in over half a year, yet miraculously youā€™ve made it sound so unappealing that Iā€™m almost not jealous.

12 Likes

You should be jealous dude Iā€™m living the dream.

Poms can struggle with Aussie slang though :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

2 Likes

Sounds like something Mick would say after a hard days work on the goat farm with his mate Bronson

1 Like

Accurate?

1 Like

This is one of the first examples Iā€™ve not liked haha.

Your slang is pretty great based on what Iā€™ve picked up on from Aussie meme pages, a couple Australian podcasts and Married at First Sight Australia - all of which have made me an expert on Aussie culture

1 Like

What Australian podcasts are you listening to? And no mentioning Neighbours or Home and Away. Shocking.

I listen to The Weekly Planet, a podcast about comic books, movies and telly. Thats the only regular Aussie one so I should have gone for the singular and not plural. I did listen to The Teacherā€™s Pet, which is an Aussie true crime thing, but that didnā€™t teach me anything about slang lol.

1 Like

Youā€™re too cool Jakey :sweat_smile:

1 Like

What the actual fuck @Aussiegooner

10 Likes
11 Likes

Fuck me, that is the truest thing ever written haha. Thatā€™s why I go for a run like once every six months and think ā€œfuck me I canā€™t be dealing with thisā€

2 Likes

Facts - I only ā€œenjoyā€ extended cardio sessions when itā€™s a tied to competitive sport.

1 Like

One of my old boxing coaches was a pro boxer and he said the one thing he hated most about boxing was running and thatā€™s just something he never enjoyed. And he said heā€™d never met anyone who actually liked the run lol. And now that I think about it - Iā€™ve never met anyone who ever enjoyed it either.

No amount of music, audio books, podcasts or anything could ever make me enjoy going for a run on its own. Fuck me Iā€™ll never do it again

2 Likes

What about jumping rope?

Fucking hated that too mate but some people enjoy it. Iā€™ve always been a robot so no matter what I do, I just do the do. But I donā€™t enjoy any form of cardio theyā€™re all boring to me.

2 Likes

Totally get it. Thankfully found the zone myself though. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Yeah wondered what you thought, Iā€™m the same. I prefer skating (ice or in-line) thatā€™s class cardio but not always possible in england