The randomly nothing thread

I’m curious, would you still use social media if you were required to verify your ID in some form?

Wouldn’t bother me in the slightest tbh. I like twitter as I get all my football, news and entertainment in the one place

1 Like

I don’t think people should be allowed to use the internet to hide behind their computer screen and abuse / bully other people.

But I’m also not pro-ID verification to use social media.

I’m not sure what the solution is but I guarantee it’ll stop a lot of the racism and abuse that gets spouted by trolls that’s for sure.

All in all though, I’m not sure I’m for it.

5 Likes

Needs to happen at this point, social media is in a disgusting state.

3 Likes

I don’t use social media (as in have an account) so I wouldn’t be affected by this. Uncertain if I’m for this though. It’s tricky because the anonymity around abuse is getting out of hand. Not sure what you can do about it without resorting to a method like this though.

It’s one of those it’ll solve a problem but at what cost.

2 Likes

I don’t ever post on twitter its more a news based website for me.

Only one I occasionally post on is Instagram when I’m actually doing things :joy:

nope.

These idiot companies could just enforce their rules, instead of banning streamers or people who share copyright content on behalf of their corporate masters.

The amount of Hindutva trolls still on twitter and facebook that spout an unbelievable amount of bile would not break a sweat if their full names were on display.

In fact, many already do have their names available.

Meanwhile many people can only speak out in certain countries because they can hide their names.

2 Likes

:joy::joy::joy::joy::joy:

3 Likes

Well we kind of do it anyway.
Twitter should have an anonymous section where users can tweet but can’t reply to anyone. This will help keep some avenue of whistle blowing.

1 Like

Great time of the day

10 Likes

Sunrise > Sunset

What kinda person are you?

• Sunrise
  • Sunset

0 voters

1 Like

Both.

2 Likes

Sunset because I’m not usually awake for sunrise :smile:

1 Like

Random question

Do you consider travelling as a right or a privilege?

• Right
  • Privilege

0 voters

2 Likes

I voted rights but well it’s a right within your country and privilege outside.

Ideally it should be a right for every human to be able to go anywhere he wishes but alas that day will come long after multiple generations die off.

2 Likes

Why?

Because the world is simply a landmass and we are blessed with capability to walk on land.
But we have needlessly associated patch of lands with religion, race, politics and other bullshit.
Why should it be a ‘privilege’ to visit the world we are born into.

My movement should only be confined by constraints associated with physics.

6 Likes

To add to it, The ‘privilege’ is also disproportionate.
I was born in a big country so I can move around, get my vehicle & go for a week long ride.
You guys were born in Europe, you can visit all countries within EU without a fee.

But a guy born in an island say Mauritius is stuck within 61 KM of landmass. If he wants to go anywhere beyond, he needs to go through regulations and pay recurring visa fee. He is slave to that island. So unfair.