The randomly nothing thread

Never get my head around them on new year’s eve when people are pissed.
Great idea being tanked up set off explosives in built up area’s.

1 Like

On my fb feed this morning I had a photo of a dead rabbit that had a rocket tied to it and set off by some fucktard in Ulster. 500 quid reward offered to find the cunt.

1 Like

Private fireworks are bloody shit anyway. I remember my friend inviting me to her house once for fireworks. You get a firework, then have to wait another 5 minutes while they set the next one up, which will inevitably be about 3 sparks of light. So even if you factor out the damage they do, they’re a complete waste of time and money. Just leave it to professional displays.

7 Likes

6/10 of the shortlisted words were about the pandemic :joy:

1 Like

Waitrose and partners New York cheese cake or Apple Danish Tart?

Going to order some Pineapple and Ham which I will be eating with some cheese and some other bits so can’t order a desert from a proper dessert place.

Cheesecake

2 Likes

Cheers mate. Haven’t had cheese cake in a while.

1 Like

@SRCJJ FYI…gym still open in Wood Green

2 Likes

Yes, because a North London gym owner is who we should all turn to for sound advice in a pandemic. :needcoffee:

2 Likes

Not for the health advice but to understand that these small business owners are desperate to resume business so much so they risk being penalized by the police.
People need to pay bills

4 Likes

Thank you for the common sense response.

Just because governments stop you from trading depriving you of income does not mean your bills also come to a halt.

Haha this is my gym man. I’ve been training there twice a day, every day lol.

Went there today and the police had essentially blocked all of us from going in. Shame, I was looking forward to crushing chest and shoulders today.

I’m still gonna go later around midnight when I hope the police get bored.

Side note, it’s the best gym in London. 24 hours, atmosphere is crazy, equipment is amazing, everything is clean. I been training there for about 18-20 months now and no gym has come close (except for bodyworks in Tottenham)

9 Likes

Went gym, police are still there and they’ve enforced closure of the gym now.

That’s ok I’ll just follow Boris advice and work out in the open air whilst I get absolutely broken down by the pelting rain and freezing temperatures all in the name of some press ups and other crappy body weight exercises.

Can’t express enough how disappointed I am to find myself out of the gym again all in the name of the governments inadequacy.

10 Likes

Trust me, I get it and it sucks. Really sucks. Small businesses are really suffering. I try to do all the business I can locally but they’re still dropping like flies. It’s too bad as humans, we can’t set aside profit and debt during a time like this and just take care of each other.

I made snarky comment because that’s what I do to cope. Humor and sarcasm.

9 Likes

@Cristo @Calum I know you like a John Lewis Christmas advert :smile:

It’s a little disappointing this year though. But to be expected I guess, given the pandemic and social distancing and what not.

1 Like

Yeah that’s nice and all but it just doesn’t feel the same at all :pleading_face::pleading_face:

The more I watch this the more I let down I feel.

The last few years I’ve been buzzing for literally months for the JL Christmas ad, but this year has been so weird and gloomy that I haven’t even thought about Christmas and the idea of getting hyped up for Christmas under the current circumstances just seems so foreign to me.

This just feels like such a damp squib to me, especially because it’s come out without me even realising.

Also even though Waitrose is the same company, this feels more like product placement and not as organic as previous adverts.

Very disappointing.

I wish cancel culture could cancel 2020.

2 Likes

Unbearably saccharine, as usual

Is buying VPN for 89 dollars(2 years) worth it?
NordVPN has this price point as a deal right now

@Cristo you are avid user, what say?

Yeah it’s awesome, use it all the time. I rate Nord for sure.

1 Like