The R.I.P thread

Hmm, I didn’t know that.

Quite possibly. :joy: Does anyone actually like him? May be best off if he has the best interests of the institution at heart to abdicate quickly and pass it down to the much more popular Wills and Kate.

As much as it would annoy me, I’d at least get it if they were not showing the football to instead televise a tribute. But they’ve taken the football off to put a graphic on screen to tell people to watch something on BBC 1 that they’ve already decided they don’t want to watch? Fucking stupid lol

2 Likes

On the plus side…

4 Likes

Yeah, and I’ll want a bar of Cadbury’s Milk in a purple presentation snap tin and a coronation mug, like I did last time.

1 Like

Has the BBC ever been this bad as a state propaganda outfit?

I mean prince Phillips death is all over BBC sport.

What has he to do with sport? What is going on? I deffo feel like they are ramping up the jingoistic stuff.

1 Like

He raised a shit ton of money for grass roots sports and sports foundations and went around buying up playing fields when councils were selling them off back in the 60-80s so that they could be preserved, was a huge advocate for physical fitness and getting kids into fitness and supporting sports charities, played a lot of sports himself and represented England in Polo etc.

He loved sports and thought they were very important and deserved support so I guess that’s why they’re talking about it.

5 Likes

Oh. Fair enough then

He championed sport for all.
Fox hunting, Shooting and Polo are now regularly played on council estates throughout the land. :grinning:

9 Likes

I very much doubt he did any of that tbh.

As unbelievable as it is he did do it lol

I was iffy about posting this, but I couldn’t stop laughing I guess I’m just a piece of shit :grimacing::grimacing:. RIP to both of them tho :disappointed::disappointed:

1 Like

RIP

1 Like

“Who is she!”

Damn, BB was still at the height of its popularity when she entertained the nation. RIP

https://twitter.com/AssedBaig/status/1380885918400274432?s=19

:wenger2:

9 Likes

Aw that’s sad news. I’ve met her a few times. Last time was at a party a few years back and she was tiny even then. She was so lovely though and naturally funny.

very sad to hear. Big Brother was massive when I was growing up and she was one of the most iconic people on it.

RIP

Her mum was on TV last week and said that Nikki was doing well, but deteriorated a lot due to lockdown and gyms being closed. No further comment on that from me :zipper_mouth_face:

1 Like

9 Likes

6 Likes

This is the only meme regarding Philip’s death I approve of haha