The R.I.P thread

https://twitter.com/MiddleEastEye/status/1380554295792304134?s=19

Hahahahahahaha

Rest in peace, pricks :ozil:

Jamie O’Hara on the radio “it’s been a terrible day for everybody” now listen, I’m sorry for Phillips family and friends but it’s business as usual for me. Why are we all meant to feel sorrow towards someone that we don’t know/feel any connection to just cos they’re a royal? :grin:

1 Like

Yeah heard this. A debate whether sport should be cancelled this weekend. Ridiculous.

5 Likes

he just missed out on a telegram from the queen

Yeah I don’t really care when anyone famous dies, I felt sad at a Little video of young Phillip and the Queen growing old and happy. Knowing she’s lost a husband of 70 years and how awful she must feel, always hits me in the feels.

1 Like

He had a great innings

1 Like

This did me. Wonder if the same would have happened to the men’s team :thinking:

3 Likes

RIP

He just missed out on walking around the garden for the NHS.

1 Like

I think so because it’s on the day, and it’s the BBC they may think it’s disrespectful not to. To be fair doubt many people would of been watching the women’s international anyway (No offence intended).

It’s more people than are going to watch a fucking info graphic though. Ridiculous.

3 Likes

No because the men’s game is important.

5 Likes

Poldi knows

5 Likes

True but I think they would of pulled the men’s one as well to be fair. Doubt they would broadcast anything on the actual day of the passing.

License fee payers getting a days refund? :grin:

Just googled and no bank holiday for his funeral that’s only for head of states. So when the queen passes away the funeral is a bank holiday.

The coronation of a new monarch will also be a national holiday

4 Likes

Aye, but the last coronation took place 16 months after the death of King George VI & Queen Elizabeth’s ascension to the throne.

So they probably won’t be bank holidays in quick succession if that’s what people may be thinking.

I remember reading somewhere that Charles’ coronation would only be a few months after his mother’s death. I’m not sure why or whether they have meetings to decide this, lol. Maybe it’s to do with his lack of popularity.

1 Like

Charlie will probably croak within 5 years of being on the throne anyway. That’s another bank hol right there.