The R.I.P thread

RIP David Gold

Sad news to hear. RIP David and thoughts to go this family and friends

I canā€™t believe that all after all the crazy shit he did, a snowmobile is what finally did him in.

4 Likes

RIP

Vialli :confused:

RIP

Ahhh thatā€™s horrible news. But it was inevitable after the last update given his declining health

RIP. A legend.

Jesus!

So weird now that footballers I grew up with are getting ill and passing away

1 Like

:pensive:

4 Likes

Oh man. I honestly loved him despite his choice of club. Incredible that he came to the PL in his 30s and 25+ years later heā€™s still one of the most successful and memorable Italians to play in the league. RIP.

4 Likes

Thatā€™s very sad. Loved Sampdoria in that era. My favourite Italian side.
He was massive in that and different to traditional Italian CFs.
Seemed a likeable man too. RIP legend.

8 Likes

Aw thatā€™s sad news. RIP and thoughts to his friends and family

That Sampdoria team made two European finals didnt it? Think they lost to Barcelona on both occasions but had some great success.

Three actually. They beat Anderlecht in 88 before losing too Barca a year later in the CwC.
2 0 and Vialli got both in extra time.

1 Like

Oh no, Vialli? Didnā€™t even know he was battling cancer.

This is a shock!! Only started watching him after he became player/manager at Chelsea so missed his prime but I know he was some player.

RIP!!

Sad news. Undeniably transformed Chelsea from a joke club into contenders.

RIP

1 Like

Souness in bits on Sky over this. Moving tbh.

Sad to hear.

Seemed a much loved and respected member of the football community. RIP Gianluci

Very sad :pensive:
Another childhood hero gone.

1 Like

Very sad news to hear an absolute legend in Italy, I loved him for the national side especially being instrumental alongside Mancini when Italy won the Euros. I recently watched an Italian documentary about the tournament Mancini coming over softly spoken and Vialli coming over animated and very engaging, a lovely personality heā€™s gonna be much missed with the national team.

5 Likes

Itā€™s rare that the death of a footballer connected to a rival moves me. But Vialli lit up the Premier League with his grace, outrageous skill and that smile. Apparently a really lovely guy, I think the number of genuine red-eyed tributes from former footballers show how much he will be sorely missed by those who knew him.

RIP little fella.

4 Likes