The Other Premier League Fixtures Thread (old)

Did you? Wasn’t quite a few ppl up for signing him when we was linked?

4 Likes

There definitely was. If we’d signed him Xhaka was off and almost all of OA is behind that.

5 Likes

I was a little unfair on Ruben Neves in the summer.

I do think the appointment of Bruno Lage has done him the world of good, as the football at Wolves had become a bit stale.

Signing the best player from teams lower in the food chain has a number of perks. We’ve seen it with our own eyes with Ramsdale.

2 Likes

Erm this thread says otherwise

1 Like

My recollection is that a lot of people weren’t sold on him. And that many didn’t want him and some didn’t even think he was an upgrade on Xhaka.

Some had the anybody but Xhaka approach
Some hated the idea
Some were lukewarm to it

But the guarantee amongst all of it is that most had never seen him play enough games to truly know who we’d be signing lol

1 Like

I’ve scanned it and found posts from like 5/6 people saying lets get him over Xhaka so the statement below is correct.

Which isn’t to say Josh wasn’t laughed at. I haven’t checked that many posts.

1 Like

Like Diego Costa…looks like he is twice his age too

Well not laughed as much, just people wondering why I’d rather him over Xhaka when “they’re pretty much the same type of player” my wording was a bit off there tbh

Not sure how I keep finding myself on the right side of history

2 Likes

He still runs like he’s got chaffed thighs.

Oh yeah, maybe some people were OK with signing him, but not many were enthusiastic and many dismissed him. The first set of posts in that thread are basically people saying no thanks.

We were both obviously created by the same inventor

1 Like

That’s every rumour thread apart from the Mbappe one.

You’re right about that, wer’re snobby as fuck on here about every player. You’d think we’ve been winning back to back titles with how quick we can be to turn our noses up at new additions.

1 Like

I’m not snobby about players. I’m just right.

Still think we can sign someone better then Neves if we are quality in the market, we need some top talent if we want to get to where we want to go.

1 Like

Care to list some realistic suggestions?

Ruiz

Is he realistic? Last I read, Liverpool were planning to go big for him