The Other Premier League Fixtures Thread (old)

I agree he’s a world class player.

First season for Real was unreal, second he didn’t fit the tactical make up and fell out of favour. By all accounts he did well at Bayern playing in a deeper role.

When he’s fit he’s a class above, there’s not many players of his type that are better.

2 Likes

I think he’s probably third tier myself, very good player on his day but isn’t consistent enough to really play with the big boys at the top of the food chain when it comes to top class footballers. That’s not a knock on him.

He’s someone who be a better player playing for a Everton then he would at a City, Utd, Arsenal even. Where he’s the main man and as long as he scores a few goals a season had couple of great games, and the demand isn’t as big on him. The fan’s will love him.

I don’t agree there tbh, he could play for most top clubs and not look out of place and in fact elevate those around him.

Third tier? Who’s he in there with? Like I said of his type there are few better.

1 Like

I’ll wait until Everton face a decent side before drawing conclusions. Even a shite Spurs team only conceded one goal.

1 Like

I think I was sceptical of James, but he has done well, and seems to be a good fit at Everton, fair play.

Happy for him and Carlo.

2 Likes

you can tell the difference in their play when he’s on the field, he was everywhere, stringing everything together.

1 Like

Let’s wait and see when the cold set’s in and the other teams will start to kick a few of their south american’s around the field and most of them won’t be up for it. Their defence is still weak for me and their GK isn’t much cop. I think their forward line will have them fighting for top 6 and maybe a cup run, but I think they’ll fade away if the likes of Rodriguez isn’t up for the battle.

That’s a very brexit opinion lol

3 Likes

I don’t think we need a replacement for Ozil, he’s far too one dimensional. Yes James looks great at the moment but we need to see how he acts when things aren’t going Everton’s way.

Maybe it is lol

But in all seriousness, there’s always that one team at the start of the year that go on a great early run and we all kind of go a little OTT about them, I think Leicester and Sheff Utd were those teams last year and Wolves the year before that. Once the league settles down, then we’ll see what they are really about .

James was Bayern’s best ball progressor, chance creator, long range passer and was involved more than anyone with just about everything that was produced close to goal.

Good for a third tier player :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Do you guys not kind of feel that if we had wanted him we probably could have got him over Everton?

1 Like

If he’s such a world class player why isn’t he playing for a top PL team or Juventus, PSG, Inter or Bayern didn’t sign him full time. Just cause he’s got a high rating on Fifa and had one good world cup doesn’t make him world class lol.

Good player but third tier lol.

He’s been excellent since even being out on loan.

Who knows as to why he didn’t move to those clubs but that doesn’t negate his quality, class player and demonstrates no matter where he is.

Big clubs around Europe have shown themselves to be awful judges of talent many times over.

I don’t know whether you’re right or not. But I always laugh when anyone uses the ‘why arent big clubs after him?!’ argument.

3 Likes

In this case I think it might hold a little merit though, not so much because he isn’t good, he is, he’s fantastic, but are clubs starting to move away from the CAM role in general, that’s kind of how I feel.

Obviously Bayern take players like Coutinho and James all day long beause they are complete in every area of the pitch but clubs like us and Everton aren’t so it’s a little more of a risk.

Of course they will shit the bed in those games.

What a performance by James. Some delicious passes and one awesome finish. Epitome of that famous saying “Class is permanent…”

Perhaps, can still be a fun game though.

Like there are any relevant English players left in the Premier League. Foreigners absolutely dominate your League.