The Other Premier League Fixtures Thread (old)

With the testing protocol so it should, if they’re cleared and negative it just isn’t a risk.

What would piss me off more is if I couldn’t go to the park with my (hypothetical) kids or go to the pub and then someone cancelled Arsenal not out of necessity but for no reason other than it might piss people off because there were restrictions in their day to day life and they think the same should apply to football.

I appreciate being able to watch football even more so at the moment because I can’t do many of the other things I find enjoyable. Cancelling football when it is safe to play just feels like denying ourselves just one more thing we’d usually enjoy for no real reason. Lots of people are miserable and restricted right now so let’s make more people miserable by introducing unnecessary restrictions on football?

Just my feeling though, appreciate others feel different.

4 Likes

Think it’s like @Stroller said. It’s to do with morale of the city. Non-essential businesses to close.

What good is poxy football if people aren’t earning money?

Its entertainment and a distraction.

Might as well ask what good Netflix, music or PlayStations are if people aren’t earning money.

3 Likes

Morale in the city is pretty down and shot at the minute. It seems like Leicester are there just to entertain the masses.

All academic anyway, given that as @Phoebica said, the game’s going on

Plus fucking dire to watch. Let’s not be making out it’s been any sort of moral uplifting experience. Loads can’t engage with this poor reincarnation. That’s not just the likes of me pretty much full on football fans are not getting the fix they hoped for from it.

1 Like

Record breaking viewing figures though

I’m enjoying it :woman_shrugging:

2 Likes

You enjoy Friends.

You don’t count

Same. I’m even used to the no fans now since I watched the Bundesliga for the month previous to the PL starting.

Been great having at least one match to watch every day/night

1 Like

Some games have been good to watch, but in general I can’t wait until this season is finally over with. Hopefully the next one can start with people in the stadium but that looks wishful.

1 Like

I thought you were refusing to watch football since the restart? Or have I confused you with Leper or Dave here? Lol

3 Likes

Let’s see them then. I mean that 3.5 million on the first night in a nation of 60 million was nothing special.

Motd twice. Completed one. a five minute YouTube highlights against city as well.

That’s still an increase though. Which goes against what you said about football fans not being into it.

But the info is easy to find

I get that you and some others might not be enjoying it and think it’s rubbish (despite not watching it), but plenty of people are still switching their TV to the channels showing football.

2 Likes

Okay won’t argue with that. Possibly to do with less alternative but concede your point.
Still think interest is significantly less when you talk to people about the game in general. Most in my circle of friends express more negative than positive. Also less much less comments on games since the restart on other PL fixtures on here which furthers my point.

Side note. The Merseyside derby was a record only because it was free to air though.

2 Likes

Fans will only return in reasonable capacity if governments concede waiting for a vaccine isn’t the answer.

I don’t see fans Next season, or if fans can attend it’ll be in minuscule numbers.

Football is shit without fans.

What about all those half empty stadiums and small clubs nobody cares about? Do they not matter because people choose to support and visit the bigger clubs?

They’re half empty. There are still fans there.

I can’t remember the last time Bolton Wanderers filled their stadium, for example (even when they were kicking our arse every season, it wasn’t in front of a full stadium) I think sometimes it’s more to do with practicalities. I don’t even think Chorley has 30,000 people living there

1 Like

Not any more

Postponed to 2022.

3 Likes