The League Cup

good grief all these stupid rule changes, if the gk comes out and the opposition scores tough crap on your stupid decision.

I tend to.agree with what you’ve said tbf.

Not sure why people prefer to play Chelsea in a final instead of spurs should we qualify :thinking:

1 Like

That’s not a rule change. The offside rule doesn’t mention goalkeepers, just defenders or defending players.

I know it’s not a rule change.

The rule changes when the GK advances ahead of the “offside” player.

No it doesn’t. The rule is two opposition players. Has been for about a hundred years.

1 Like

Thought the same, it’s been 2 players since they changed it from 3 in like the 60s or something and it’s never been specific as to which players they have to be, it’s just generally highly likely in most situations that one will be the goalkeeper.

1 Like

Yeah The rule changes when the goalkeeper pushes forward, which is what I’ve said. I’ve not said the rule has changed recently. It’s an in play rule, which is what I was trying to explain to Mav.

It doesn’t though.

It does, goalkeeper pushes forward. You exclude the goalkeeper from the offside equation. There have to be two players keeping the “scoring” player onside at that point. There weren’t. There was only one.

Yes that’s the rule.

The goalkeeper is usually one of them. Doesn’t have to be. Nothing changes because the goalkeeper moves. No player “becomes the goalie” in this scenario.

1 Like

For me it’s because I am a scaredy cat. didn’t want us to be the team who handed them their first trophy in years.

3 Likes

Don’t be a defeatist

1 Like

Being an awkward dickhead this morning ain’t you.

Mind you that’s your default stance.

Haha I’m not usually. I would fancy our chances against Spurs more than Chelsea. But it’s a final. Playing Spurs in a final would make me too nervous.

Couple of wines and she’d be right

I mean if you’re going to offer an answer and you get it wrong people will correct you.

Good man though, you held out a few responses before name calling and getting personal again.

4 Likes

I mean, if you’re gonna be awkward, people will call you a dickhead

One more today, to anyone, and I’m banning you. :+1:

1 Like

Do it you cunt

Got your fluffer @Mr_Nostalgia the bitch giving you customary likes as well :joy::joy: