The Labour Party

Will never happen

It’s quite likely to happen I reckon. It’s Labours best chance of power and SNPs best chance of another referendum. If the numbers add up they will surely do it.

Those polls are self selective I would not bet my house on it. And you are also under estimating how many English voters hold the snp in disdain. Once Boris is out and someone else is in you will see the shift in attitudes

2 Likes

I’m not basing anything on polls. You said it’s never gonna happen, I think it likely happens at some stage. The Conservatives aren’t just going to stay in power forever, just doesn’t work that way.

When the sums add up the parties will come together as it suits both their ends.

1 Like

Is this true?

I knew she was a sick anti Semite but this is just vile.

Given some of the lies told about Starmer’s time as DPP, I’m gonna need a massive source check on the first claim in that meme.

As for Naz Shah, she liked/retweeted a parody Owen Jones account saying that victims of sex abuse in Rotherham should stay quiet for the sake of diversity. She then deleted the retweet and claimed that it was an accident.

I have no real opinion on her, or desire to defend her, but I would be inclined to believe it being an accident, simply because I find it incredibly hard to believe that any mainstream politician would even think such a thing, let alone put it out there for the world to see, as that’s about as unpopular and awful a position as you could take, really.

4 Likes

We have just had Johnson telling lies in accusations about Starmer being involved with excusing Savile.
Very fucking dubious timing that we now have a new story after little coverage of a proven lie.
I say this as someone who doesn’t particularly take too Starmer either.

5 Likes

Whilst clearly Starma didn’t have direct involvement in Savile, he was at the top of the tree, so I think the inference is that the person ultimately in charge bears responsibility for decisions made by his underlings. I think similar goes for the Rotheram gangs…

1 Like

The fact that no Tory would be willing to repeat the claim without the protection of parliamentary privilege really does tell you all you need to know.

4 Likes

What the fuck, I didn’t even know there were any conspiracies involving him or that he was even involved somehow

I heard about but it was not mentioned as conspiracy theory and apparently something about the grooming rape gangs. Been hearing some wild shit

All from impeccable sources, no doubt.

5 Likes

I think credit to both parties here. They’ve both widely condemned the actions of these imbeciles. Anti-vaxxers can do one

Thats a good joke, given that Boris abused parliamentary privilege to tell a shameful lie about Starmer that he couldn’t say outside of Parliament because he could be sued for slander. The rhetoric of these protestors is clearly aligned with Boris Johnson’s statement about Starmer and Savile, even if it’s obviously a more extreme expression of those sentiments.

It’s not a joke. Higher ups from both parties have condemned their actions.

It is a joke because the Prime Minister’s comments precipitated Starmer being treated this way, you’d have to be wilfully obtuse to ignore the direct link between the PM saying what he said and some of his ministers defending him for it and Starmer subsequently being told he will burn and should die for helping Jimmy Savile escape prosecution.

1 Like

Yea wow. Rouse the rabble them condemn their actions that are purely a consequence of that rousing. Fucking pricks.

1 Like

It was not mentioned as conspiracy theory so that means it’s reliable.

It was thick anti vaxxers using a stupid slur against Starmer.

The allegations against Starmer have to be quelled. Anything Savile related is deeply unsettling. I can’t see any politician duly allowing Savile off the hook. It’s either prove or apologise at this point.