The Labour Party

Seems an odd appointment.

Imagine the column inches if Czech collaborator/Russian stooge Jeremy Corbyn had installed a former spy for a foreign nation to run Labour’s social media lol

1 Like

Feel sorry for people on ESA/Universal Credit not their fault

See this shit @Electrifying be happy you have eradicated this shit from your country.

1 Like

Yep. The problem is brother, these types are always around, no matter the colour or ribbon.

They’re doing a decent job in yellow ribbons these days, the similarities with today’s SNP and New Labour grow by the day.

1 Like

Yeah that’s the problem of nationalism politics you never really know what the underlying policies are.
It’s an easy ticket to sell nationalism in many ways. The bigger issues come after , when in reality you need the policies need to go hand in hand.

What authority does KS have to expel members from the party? That doesn’t have to go to a vote?

4 Likes

Did anyone see that Chuka Umuna has taken a huge and lucrative position at JP Morgan?

Nothing says Labour MP like being an MD at JP Morgan :joy:

5 Likes

Come on man we all knew he was an establishment snake oil salesman

1 Like

Very funny post. Sums up Labour completely lol.

I don’t know where I stand on this. On one hand, flag waving from Labour just feels false, surface, and against the grain. It just isn’t a patriotic party, not today, in any obvious sense. The only way you could call it patriotic is that it wants something better, but I don’t even know what better is or looks like under Labour at the moment. But then half the nation thinks Labour hates the nation. And that’s the working class people lol. Man, I’m glad I quit Labour. I don’t have to worry about it anymore.

4 Likes

Britain doesn’t have the balls for a proper opposition party.
It was over in 84 when Kinnock the coward ran away from the fight.
We suffer the legacy of that cowardice today. Party politics will never be accepted by disenfranchised young people now.

2 Likes

In what way is it less patriotic than the Torries in your view? And what does patriotism even mean in 2021 when the poor and middle class become poorer and poorer?

1 Like

Imo, in 2021 it’s tied to the culture war, the battle against “wokeness” and a credible belief in the best of what Britain can offer. The large parts of the tory Party and right leaning media entities have consistently placed themselves in line with what working class people are thinking, they’ve been rewarded with political power (ie GE2019 & Brexit) and further influence in the media (ie GB News & growth of TalkRadio).

Even in terms of domestic policy, the conservatives under Boris have shifted to blue collar conservatism which adopts ideas left leaning/centrist ideas and concepts.

Large part of the issue is prominent Labour politicians and frontbenchers have adopted positions on key political and cultural issues which can easily be considered “anti British” depending on who you are. It makes total sense from Starmer to address that issue cosmetically if you want to regain lost seats

1 Like

@Stroller Big Ken getting right into these bastards. What a man.

7 Likes

Legend. Every fucking wriggle unseated by the man. Brilliant.

2 Likes

Good questions.

@sevchenko has the right of it.

I think for a great many ordinary people what will resonate most is a sense or feeling that they are culturally safe. Labour invests an awful lot of energy into slagging off our culture. The Tories however are brilliant liars when it comes to culture. And what’s more important to a person who lives in a fixed way in one place all their life than culture. I don’t think money has a whole lot to do with it. I mean you are right, the gap between middle and working class people has closed a lot, but their cultural gap probably hasn’t much.

1 Like

What would you say are the biggest examples of this?

Labour will never be back unless they somehow ruin the tabloids.

The tabloids and press are the whole reason they are up against it.

They can never pander to them enough because they are Tories.

2 Likes

How it started

How it’s going

2 Likes

I forgot Labour existed. Not even a factor in national discussion at a time when the government has cost us lives every single day.

1 Like