The Labour Party

There’s reports they wanted to be led by Ruth Davidson

:arteta: :poldi: :arteta: :poldi:

Thankfully for them, those reports are from unreliable psychos

Surely easier to stay in and continually make out that the party is in disarray and needs fixing than leave?

At least when Corbyn loses in 2020 they’d be able to say this shift to the left hasn’t worked and we need to find the centre again, but I don’t know what leaving achieves.

I imagine they’ll get some media attention in the coming months but then fade into irrelevance. If all the dissenters leave then they’re just leaving the party to the leftists so I can’t see much of a way back.

As you’ve said, a few of these guys were already losing favour in their CLPs.

Funny you say that. These were the MPs who said we should stay in the EU and reform it from the inside. But surely that would mean they should stay in the labour party and reform it from the inside?

Nah, that would be too logical

1 Like

You essentially insolate yourself from votes of no confidence from CLP as an independent?

I agree it’s hard to see what leaving achieves at this stage, will be interesting to see this play out. Maybe a few tories will join?

I’ve seen the 7 have got alot of sympathy from the PLP too, wonder if it will trigger the leader for concessions in some areas

I barely scrolled the whole length of that statement. No way any cunt is reading the whole thing.

I think it’s fair enough for centrist Labour rebels and centrist Torrie rebels to jump ship and unite under a new party for democracy, which isn’t currenlty being served.

However it’s massively disingenuous to claim you’re doing this because of ‘anti-semitism’. A new party should be built on positive political views of change or conservative economic stability. It shouldn’t be built on slander and bullshit. Utter cunts unfortunately. Utter tossers without any vision.

Although ultimately still perhaps way safer hands than mad Torries bringing us back to medieval ages and the utter hectic pissing of money away planned by Corbyn. What a fecking mess

1 Like

Is it just me or does it seem like this whole “labour is anti-Semitic” thing is being blown way out of proportion and is just being used as a stick to beat Labour and Corbyn with?

6 Likes

Corbyn worse than Trump? Lol! Someone is going out of his mind.

It’s not just you.

3 Likes

This new party is supposedly polling at 10%.

This country is pathetic :joy:

2 Likes

I never understand what Israel has to do with British politics. are these people running for office over there or here?

3 Likes

I’ve been pretty vocal about Corbyn having real issues with anti-Semitic tendencies and Labour as a whole having a blind spot when it comes to anti-Semitism however I think it’s a little ridiculous for these MPs to use that as cover to leave the party.

It’s a little similar to how the Republicans in the USA are attempting to use anti-Semitism as a wedge issue to split what is a pretty reliably Democratic Jewish-American population.

1 Like

Don’t see that lasting. Don’t see a single one winning a seat in a general from the Labour end.

I think 100% of Tory MPs are in Friends of Israel, close to 100% of Lib Dems, and about 60% of Labour MPs. There was that documentary that seemed to prove that the Israeli embassy is basically writing their speeches and telling them the line for all things Israel related. This is not unimportant in understanding what is happening right now with all the anti-Semitism charges, bearing in mind that latest figures put anti-Semitism within Labour at 0.01%, which is what - 7,000 actual people, which is less than what you’d expect across society in general. It’s literally a 0.01% problem.

2 Likes

If they were really friends they’d tell Bibi to go jump in a lake, end the occupation and institute civil marriage not beholden to the ultra-Orthodox clergy. But that’s just my opinion. :arteta:

1 Like

Israel right-wing, tbh. Not much different from Farage, Le Pen, Trump and Salvini.

No arguments from me there. My point was more that if these politicians really gave a shit about Israel or the Israeli people they’d see Bibi for the massive threat he is, the undemocratic policies he pushes and the problems he causes in the region.

1 Like

Yep, they just care about business with Israel, imo.

It’s weird. If you’re on the left in the Labour Party you’ll be called a cultist, even though, from my own experience, on most - not all - issues, there’s quite a lot of genuine discussion and disagreement. But those who I know who are Friends of Israel, are very secretive, form little clubs, go on holidays to Israel together on Israel’s tab, and spend remarkable amounts of time talking about Israel, reading about it, everything seen through that lens, it’s really quite fanatical, which is so strange to me. I know that some people in Labour get a bit that way with Palestine, but you can at least see a reason for that - a sense of solidarity with an oppressed people, but why on earth so many people, especially young people - with no obvious connection to Judaism or Zionism - become so obsessive about a really horrible state is beyond me. It goes way beyond solidarity with Jews, which ought to be a default on the left anyway. And if you ask any questions about this in public or to them personally, you can be certain you will be accused of anti-Semitism.That really is a cult IMO. It’s totally bizarre.

1 Like

I’ve typically sided with the argument with the Palestinians being persecuted and living in a system of apartheid and still do BUT…

The need for a Jewish Israeli State is based on genuine antisemitism and persecution throughout Europe and the Middle East.

1 Like