The Iranian Crisis

Quite a measured response from Iran if there are no casualties. I wouldn’t say weak, just calculated to be a response whilst not escalating the situation. If the Americans now escalate again the blame for a conflict very much lies with them, if it didn’t already. They’re the ones who walked away from the nuclear peace deal that was keeping the situation stable.

1 Like

Very sad news. RIP

Such weird timing.

4 Likes

According to the Twitter Intelligence Service in the replies, this means they shot it down on accident and are covering it up.

1 Like

What irks me. The US always moans and complaints about Russia being in places next to their border.

Meanwhile it is the US that has got over 800 bases across the world and a foot in almost every sovereign nation. On top of that the US at will violates the sovereignty of independent countries and these countries can’t do much about it. Which makes the US a plain old bully and a hypocrite in regards to their whining about Russia.

I am not defending Russia’s actions, as they are in their own right wrong (annexing Crimea for instance). But, the level of hypocrisy from the US is just unreal.

So now the US decided to assassinate an Iranian on Iraq (!) soil and everyone just needs to shut the fuck up and accept it. Iraq wants US troops out, but they are still there.

This cunt in the white house is the biggest hypocrite of them all. Blaming Obama at the time for wanting to start a war with Iran (which he didn’t) to get reelected and now he does it himself. All distracting from impeachment and in time for the re-elections in 2020.

14 Likes

This guy consistently talks like a spoilt 8 year old. The fuck.

1 Like

Memes tell the truth. :smiley:

13 Likes

US could crush Iran like a bug. There won’t be a war here.

2 Likes

You mean like they crushed Afghanistan and Iraq?

This isn’t some heavy weight boxing match. It’s global, indirect, proxy warfare. Countries haven’t gone to war directly with one another since the World Wars and those were so massively devastating to all parties that no one (not even the U.S.) wants to start another World War.

4 Likes

US could still crush them though :boxing_glove:

1 Like

This is the bit that irks me.

I just think the US are trigger happy to start another war. In the World Wars, the USA mainland wasn’t breached. There were wars in its neighbouring oceans but that’s it.

I’ve been told stories about the Blitz. The impending doom. The air raid sirens. And this is the story from the side who won!

The USA don’t have that experience hence they’re indifferent to starting a new war anywhere

1 Like

Iran confirmed to have shot down the Ukranian airliner targeting embassies where innocent people are working and killing 1.

I do struggle to believe anything the media puts out to be honest, from both sides.

Was that story true of the funeral for the General causing a stampede that killed atleast 50 Iranians?

Well, the old adage “the first casualty of war is truth” always applies. Stampede deaths? Wouldn’t doubt that. Aren’t they a regular occurrence at religious festivals/gatherings in that part of the world?

Is it? :face_with_raised_eyebrow: hmmmmmmmm

What has this got to do with Canada?

Genuine question

There were 63 Canadians on board the flight on bound for Canada.

It’s looking increasing like the aircraft was shot down by error because of Iran’s heightened security alert status whilst they were attacking bases in Iraq.

Basically 176 people lost their lives for no good reason

7 Likes

Yeah I mean they 100% shot it down, probably accidentally but still.

It was when they wouldn’t give the black box to investigators that this was the case.

Can all sides now just calm the fuck down.

Trudeau is handling the incident quite well imo

1 Like