The greatest "front 3" ever poll

I saw an interesting article on football’s greatest front 3’s but felt it was necessary to maybe add a few trios that didn’t necessarily play in a front 3 in its current incarnation. Take Crespo, Kaka and Shevchenko for example they played in a 4-3-1-2 and some players played in 4-2-3-1’s but just for having a more complete list… I know there will definitely be front 3’s I’m missing or ones we can debate about not being on the list but here goes…

• Messi, Suarez & Neymar (Barcelona)
  • Crespo, Kaka & Shevchenko (Milan)
  • CR7, Bale & Benzema (Real Madrid)
  • Ronaldo, Ronaldinho & Rivaldo (Brazil)
  • Messi, Pedro & Villa (Barcelona)
  • Rooney, Tevez & CR7 (Manchester United)
  • Robben, Mandzukic & Ribery (Bayern Munich)
  • Messi, Eto’o & Ronaldinho (Barcelona)
  • Messi, Eto’o & Henry (Barcelona)
  • Romario, Laudrup & Stoichkov (Barcelona)
  • Di Stefano, Gento & Puskas (Real Madrid)
  • Puskas, Kocsis & Hidegkuti (Hungary)
  • Ravanelli, Vialli & Del Piero (Juventus)
  • Asprilla, Zola & Brolin (Parma)

0 voters

Asprilla, Zola and Brolin at Parma?

Should have won more tbh. Still can’t believe we beat them in the '94 CWC final

1 Like

Added it but unfortunately I can’t add anymore as it seems to reset the poll. Good shout though!

Wicked, you got it on there.

And the only Man Utd option on there should be Best, Law and Charlton :wink:

1 Like

Bendtner-Sanogo-Chamakh obviously

3 Likes

What’s annoying is that was on my list and so was van Basten, Rijkaard and Gullit but I’ve done it now so it’s too late :slight_smile: Anytime I edit the poll it resets existing votes to 0.

1 Like

Great thread. Really hard choices. I have to go for the three with Messi and Suarez in it.

The really old ones I don’t know, having not seen them play.

I remember watching that game and thinking the same.
But when you are playing against possibly the best defence in Europe with a manager that is a strict disciplinarian when it comes to defending, that’s how we stopped them scoring.

It wasn’t a thriller but we won the Cup Winners Cup.

1 Like

Messi, Suarez and Neymar take it for me.

And what’s crazy is in my IMO they had a mediocre coach in Enrique and were still irresistible.

Arsenal in 1994 weren’t the best defence in Europe I think that goes to Milan with Maldini, Baresi, Costacurta and Tassotti/Panucci

1 Like

Your probably right but our defence definitely stayed together the longest :grinning:

MSN for me.
Messi alone makes any trio irrestible, let alone paired with 2nd & 3rd best players at the time.

Ironic you should say that because the 2 meanest defences went head to head in the super cup after we won the CWC and AC Milan won the European Cup in 94.

We lost 2-0 on aggregate after a 0-0 at Highbury.

Probably has to be MSN doesn’t it?

They seemed to break a new goal record every week.

It’s a tough one, I’m basically torn between all the Barcelona guys.

I like MSN but then Suarez declined a bit and Neymar left. I wanted to say Messi Pedro Villa. But on balance i rate Eto’o above Suarez and Pedro.

I would say Messi Pedro Villa in the end, because Villa was great and Messi was at his peak.

The MSN.

Henry, Bergkamp and Pires.

Fuck everything else cos I don’t wanna hear it.

3 Likes

Messi, Suárez & Neymar is 3 of the best 6 or 7 players in the world at the time, don’t really see how you can go past that.

I’m not really qualified to vote on a few of them but out of the ones I’ve been able to witness it the MSN hands down. Arguably the best three players in the world at the time, including the GOAT, simply toying with defences. Notable game would probably be vs Cordoba, Bayern, Valencia in the cup, and Atletico at home.

Also they win the champions league beating City, PSG, Bayern, and Juventus along the way. Just a shame they had an avwrage coach. Seeing them under Pep would’ve been something else.