General News

This comes as a huge surprise.

1 Like

In the case I mentioned it was a poll carried out by a polling organisation called Wilke, for one of the “Big Three” newspapers in Denmark - Jyllands Posten. Which tends to be politically defined as “Liberal” (think Liberal Democrat like in the UK).

Fair enough, is there more context?

What was the question posed, to how many people and how many of the responders constitutes a horrifying amount?

Appreciate you probably don’t have that info to hand and may not be able to get it but I think they are important questions to counter such a claim. As SD points out the majority of such communities tend to want to just go about their daily business and this likely isn’t even something they think about unless asked about it by a polling company.

2 Likes

What do people mean when they talk about Sharia law as well?

That means a lot of different things to different people.

Anyways, I want to know why all this is in the news again.

These dinghies were coming last week, and the week before that, and the week before that.

Why this week all the coverage? That combined with the media treating it like some kind of sporting event, is it time for a yearly Asylympics?

It depends on your politics. The story feels very artificial and inflated to me even if it’s genuine concern

For me it’s clear to see Farage is looking for continued relevancy after Brexit, his audience has certain expectations and he’s living up to it. He lives in that dirt space where he’s free to dog whistle with zero political repercussions.

Issue is, whenever he does something the left feels the need to respond in kind which makes the media take note

It is not a gradual flow of a river, rather a flash flood. It’s not a natural shift in culture or demography, it is a forced change.

There are more statistics in this thread I created.

So if something happened in past which was unfair, we need to continue down that route?

1 Like

There is just no rational discourse in this matter these days. It is always an emotional push back from communities who suffered from colonial occupation mixed with white guilt and irrational morality.
Just because something was unfair in the past, world governance should throw away controlled measures and just open the gates to every immigrant.

• My major concern is the faith of the country which is losing the population to immigration.

The age group of the population is a prominent group which is crucial for any economy.

If the workforce of a country is depleted continuously at the rate of 725k per year from a country as small as Guatemala or El Salvador, what is the future of that country? Will that country ever get its act together and become a self-sufficient country?

White people think that showing compassion by allowing immigration is them fixing the bad they did in the past, is in fact deteriorating to the growth of that country. You are making sure that citizens of that country will always have to look towards moving away from their homelands for a better future for the next few decades.

• Jobs for Immigrants
    Germany & Austria have taken a lot of immigrants out of “compassion” and provide them with a monthly stipend. They are allowed to pursue education, medical care but they are not provided with a work permit. They have to live within the stipend amount and wait a long time to integrate with society. If you are already in your 30s & above, forget about integrating. It’s their kids who will benefit but the current lot of migrants & asylum seekers will live a confined life.
    Plenty of these guys end up in illegal activities to earn more & have a lifestyle practised by their white neighbours, further deteriorating their chances of integration.

And the solution isn’t giving work permit either, then you are doing a disservice to the existing working class of the society.

• Cultural Dilution
    The number of people who have flock away from their country don’t just lose their identity & become a minority but they also lose their culture, their way of living, their festivals.
    For instance, Indian festivals have started and we begin with Ganesh Utsav. We have a massive massive parade of Ganesh statues which will end up in ocean by end of the procession.

Indian community in US, England can never do this. Now we have a prominent population in India to safeguard these cultural nuances so it’s not a concern. But soon El Salvador won’t be able to do the same if things are not normalized. I am sure every Syrian cultural identity is gone for a toss.

Similarly, you have the culture of white countries which will get diluted by increased forced non-gradual diversification.

Culture & Way of life is different. You can be a white/black guy in Japan who has Japanese citizenship, your mannerism would be Japanese but you would still not be a part of Japanese culture.

• White Balance (Photography term hehe)
    It’s all well and good suggesting that Western Europe shouldn’t be predominantly white if the entire world was open for merging and diversification. If the tendency was to go to multiple countries, it would have been great.
    But it is all unidirectional, mostly from South to North. There is no incentive for White folks to move to a different country. If the world remains unfair which it most likely will for another century, you definitely see the white population become a minority in their own countries if there is no controlled migration.
    Some of you would be on board with that but like someone pointed out if the target race was black, brown or whatever, people would have been appalled at the thought.

• Natural resources
    It is also not good for natural resources. The US is still a huge nation and there’s enough room but I don’t see how European countries can take in a lot of immigrants and not create a toll on their resources.

Instead of opening the migration gates, these countries need to be empowered to be able to take care of their citizens. You can’t fix Syria, but you can fix Honuras, Guatemala, African countries etc.

3 Likes

Are people suggesting that?

They did not but in a way stated that there is nothing wrong with it not being predominately white Despite it being a white country. Again a concept the would not fly in any other none white western country

Your point? Yes some none white countries are not as tolerable against foreigners, hence why people leave to seek a better future for themselves. What is the solution? We should adapt the same kind of thought? What a wonderful and caring world that’ll be…

OK, great, just wanted to clear that up. Because that’s a very different thing to people saying that they aren’t fussed whether a country or continent remains predominantly white. They are very different statements, and Trion’s struck me as being a strawman, setting up a position to argue against or refute when nobody is actually saying that in the first place.

I know a load of non white British people who consider themselves as such, and share the same core values and belief in institutions that pretty much everyone else does. If their number continued to grow, making a larger percentage of the country non white, then to me that makes absolutely no difference and is not an issue. Because I don’t care about whether other people are white or not, because that doesn’t speak to their values or their character. I think its a shame others disagree and think it’s important that ultimately Britain remains for the whites.

You could have huge immigration from Eastern Europe, for example, and know that basically everyone moving to Britain is white. But that does nothing to safeguard our institutions, democracy, values, way of life etc. Yet if we measured the racial demographics, Britain would still very much be white, and some people apparently think that’s a good thing in and of itself.

So that’s partly why I don’t understand the desire to make sure Britain remains white, because I don’t attach a set of values or qualities to being white. Unless you do attach a certain set of qualities, characteristics or beliefs to having white skin, I don’t understand why it would be a concern.

3 Likes

The people who are against mass migration included those from Eastern European countries hence why I don’t get why people are making white, black and brown thing on here. You not feeling white or not subscribing to Britishness is your thing others feel differently.

Just because you care doesn’t mean you subject people they don’t want people are allowed to want to limit it. None of these people are saying go hard as China or Japan. You guys say these things because you never see the affects it has in these communities it never affects you so fuck those who it does. You are from Sweden how well has the Somali immigrants integrated?

It just seems a bit hypocritical. The UK has had a massive impact on the world culturally; sports (football, cricket, rugby), language, religion, I mean Queen Elizabeth is still the monarch of Canada and I’m sure other countries. The list could go on and on. But god forbid the UK itself would change…

Talk to Dr Strangepass then, he’s the one who aired his concerns about Britain no longer being white. Others have reacted to that by engaging in a discussion about why its important to him.

For a start, I didn’t say either of this things, did I? Objectively, I am both white and British, there’s no changing that and I’ve got no problem with being either. And as I said, I’m not the one bringing my hang ups about being British or white to the table, I’m just responding to someone else who made that the topic of discussion.

Its basically impossible to have a discussion with you in good faith, you are either incapable or entirely unwilling to actually digest what people have written and respond to it appropriately. This entire response to me ignores what I’ve actually said and does nothing to advance the conversation.

The reason I brought up Eastern European immigrants is to try to illustrate my point that ensuring whites remain the majority in terms of racial demographics does nothing in and of itself to protect British culture and the way of life. It doesn’t matter if people in this thread also oppose Eastern European immigration, that misses the point I’m making entirely.

[quote=“ryaninho, post:5505, topic:187, full:true”] You guys say these things because you never see the affects it has in these communities it never affects you so fuck those who it does.
[/quote]

Wait what?

Make me understand how I misinterpreted that? I want to know because I don’t want to derail the conversation

What needs explaining?

I don’t think that being white means someone holds certain values or has certain inherent qualities or characteristics. Therefore I don’t think it’s important to ensure that Britain remains white.

I don’t know how to make such a basic statement any easier for you, and I have no idea why you’d read that sentence and take from it that I dont feel like I’m British or white.

Mate most of the people who complain families have never left the shores of Britain. To ascribe those things to working class people make no sense because they had no hand in that what so ever. Is It because they are born white British they have the original sins of people they had nothing to do with?

Actually Dr Strangepass has said in his initial post that he is kind of proud on everything the English have accomplished (with acknowledging the bad), ‘we’ve been a marvel’. In this case it does seem fair too mention.