General News

Proper “The Thick Of It” stuff

Lots of people online today comparing it to the Nazi plan to resettle Jewish people in Madagascar, which is stupid. Presumably the plan was determined unfeasible. Should they have looked into it? I mean optics aside, it isn’t necessarily bad if the conditions are good and if it’s not more expensive than hotels. Ultimately, it comes down to conditions.

3 Likes

I mean I don’t think it’s the worst idea ever, Australia does something similar to what seems to be great effect.

However I think the issue is that it’s like 3,000 miles out in the Atlantic with like 400 miles to the next closest island haha

The remoteness and the insane cost of shipping refugees out there is what makes the optics so bad.

1 Like

Its another non story really. Patel asked some guys about offshore asylum and them guys came up with this idea which was obviously a nope because. Fuel and policing and everything else.

And whoever reeeed about nazis and Madagascar in relation to this need to re evaluate their sad lives.

1 Like

Peston is an absolute spanner

2 Likes

Surely the dumbest cunt in media today?

2 Likes

Disappoints me greatly he’s an arsenal season ticket holder lol

1 Like

Probably doesn’t support them, it’s a status symbol for him

1 Like

3 Likes

Didn’t realise this had happened.

Poor Vinnie :frowning:

3 Likes

4 Likes

I guess when you arrest people for doing it sort of helps the cause :ok_hand:t5:

Wish these 2 IS pricks from England would stop being called the Beatles.
It’s a bit stupid and totally disrespectful when you consider what the band and these cunts have given the world.
One created and the others destroyed. Crap media coverage again. Get some standards ffs.

3 Likes

Refer to them as Ant ‘n’ Dec :slight_smile:

1 Like

Loving your posts today, mate.

Spot on and on point

1 Like

I’m completely lost as to context

1 Like

Called the Beatles because of their English accents in Syria getting the nickname of the Beatles.
Wacky terrorist gobshite humour.

Prisoners of IS referred to them as the Beatles because of their accent. Sadly that nickname has stuck.

2 Likes

All you need is hate.

With a little help from my mullah