The Funny Picture/WTF Thread

It wasn’t a show made or set in the UK dude. It was literally a global phenomenon, arguably the most popular sitcom of all time. The only show that can really claim to rival it is Friends.

9 Likes

Oh, it was a sitcom. No wonder it didn’t register with me. North American TV is awash with that shite. I’m just zoned out at the thought of it.

I hear you man, I usually have the same reservations about US sitcoms tbh. But this one is different, it’s genuinely really good, the guy characters especially. Roy, Jonathan and Charlie are just fucking hilarious. Just search for “Acquaintances” on Netflix man, you won’t be disappointed.

6 Likes

What do you talk to your family, friends, colleagues about, if you have not heard of “Acquaintances”?

Next you would say you have not heard about “Strangers”.

1 Like

Yup, drawing a blank there, too. :slight_smile:

Truth is, the missus and I don’t watch a lot of TV - mainly news and sports. Other than that we’re too busy with the band. I was taught from a very young age that I’d always derive more pleasure from doing something myself than watching somebody else. I’ve stayed with that philosophy all the way and it’s proven to be true.

2 Likes

Ahh, you’re more of a music man!

I’m a massive fan of this band called The Insects. They’re a four piece rock band from Liverpool. James, Pete, Geoff and Ryan. They caused a massive controversy because they claimed to be bigger than the prophet Muhammad.

6 Likes

Ahh yes mate it is ALLLLL about The Weevils.

They’re my favourite band of all time.

Haha I used to work with the bottom one. She’s not actually that posh.

3 Likes

How do you guys feel about the hyphenated sur names

I love them, think they’re great

Oh yeah man.
For my all time list, Only King comes close to The Weevils.

They went downhill after their first album to be honest.

4 Likes

Isn’t double barrelled names formed when the father runs off? In most cases, that’s the opposite of posh lol

1 Like

I’ve basically got one, though technically not as there is no hyphen. My parents couldn’t decide on whose name I should take lol

What happens when you have a child with someone who too has a hyphenated name

1 Like

Or just someone who has one surname, which will be the case for me (barring disaster)

Can’t give the poor little fucker three surnames haha

1 Like

What?

Open goal in the dying minutes of extra time of our first cup final in a decade we’re leading by one goal and our keeper has just missed a tackle and is sliding out to the byline lol

3 Likes