UEFA Europa League

Do yourself a favour and turn your alarm off before your hangover sleep gets interrupted on a bank holiday morning :blush:

1 Like

My alarm is set purely for weekdays

Edit: you make a good point. Tomorrow is Friday

5 Likes

Clear your history after that search imo :eyes:

1 Like

Bank holidays occur on weekdays bro :grimacing:

Edit: just seen your edit :joy::joy::joy:

1 Like

Fucking hell

Turnt off

3 Likes

I told ya

2 Likes

Yea but we didn’t realise the f was for frog :smile:

4 Likes

The Russians have everything they need by now

9 Likes

Giroud>Arsenal then, fair enough, true unrequited love conquors all. Including restraining orders.

I think we can go to win this, if Napoli were everyone’s favorites and we made them look average at best. Why can’t we go on and win this. Chelsea, Hazard and one or two players aside aren’t that great. Valcenia and Frankfurt deserve a ton of respect and won’t be easy.

But if we play like we did in those two legged games with Napoli we can win it.

2 Likes

Jakey’s information will let the Russians influence an election or two - of their choice.

Have a fair bit of history with Valencia and needs readdressing. 1980 cwc final was the first european final to be decided on penalties. :unamused:

1 Like
11 Likes

I wasn’t really aware that Arsenal has some history with Valencia. They got beaten by them in 1980 Cup winners Cup final and kicked Arsenal out of the Champions League in the 00/01 season. This is a good moment to get back at them.

The last time we played Valencia was back in 2003, when the Champions League used to have two group stages. We were set to progress, but they beat us in the last of our 2nd round group match, and as a result, they overtook us on points, went through and we went out.

Basically, Valencia have fucked us over quite often in the past :bellerin: We’re so overdue some pay back.

I do remember the 2001 exit quite well though, We were set to go through until bloody John Carew scored near the end, went out on away goals. So easy to forget Valencia were a damn good side in the early 00s.

7 Likes

Hey guys and girls, at least they don’t have John Fucking Carew anymore… we owe them they pissed me off twice during high school knocking us out of CL, we’re winning this tie.

1 Like

We’d have made it to the final Vs Bayern that year instead of Valencia had we knocked them out then.

The 1980 final was a horrible game that an exhausted Arsenal lost. Liam Bradys final match and ended on a sad note as he missed our first pen.
Particularly upseting as Mario Kempes had missed their first one. Rix missed our one that gave them the cup and that was 2 cup finals in 4 days.
Brian Talbot hit a footballing record of having played in all 70 matches that season.

13 Likes

Love your knowledge on Arsenal from way back mate, it’s enjoyable reading. I have a great memory of the last 20 years or so since I’ve followed the club, but it’s good to hear about things long before that.

2 Likes

It always amazes me just how many matches were played around this era if you were one of the top clubs. I suppose the League used to have slightly more teams in it than today, and cup games had a habit of being replayed several times if they kept ending in draws. I find it insane that one tie could end up being replayed as much as 4 or 5 times, people must’ve got sick of waiting for a winner :sweat_smile:

Speaking of Brian Talbot, is it weird that as someone of a younger generation, I remember him more for his managerial wonders with the defunct Rushden & Diamonds instead? :joy:

1 Like