The Environment

1 Like

There’s no point getting someone external with the right knowledge and skills to provide solutions to these challenges.

What the people of Alice Springs really need is a few former townspeople to come back. Those are people who understand the town and what it’s like to be from there.

1 Like

Excellent news the summer just gone was shit

3 Likes

I’m worried about how this thread could go :laughing:

Any deniers in the house? Bound to be a few :eyes:

If we are already reducing it to deniers v believers then it’s going to be a pretty pointless thread lol

It would really depend on the specific topic. But generally speaking, to me, quota systems can work with basically every climate issue and they are a good way of balancing the environmental need with an economic instrument.

These guys carnt predict if its going to snow on Xmas day but they can say its going to be one off the hottest years on record

1 Like

When the Earth gets too hot, why don’t they just turn the air con on?

2 Likes

I can’t picture any time line where this isn’t a pointless thread. It’s OA, we’re not likely to crack the problem. We’re just gonna talk shit and get at each others throats, which could be entertaining for the reader. Or nobody will bother and the thread will remain quiet lol.

Might as well pose the question and try to tempt someone into demonstrating that they’re an idiot, that might be amusing.

1 Like

Pointless in the context of a decent discussion regarding the environment.

I know you like to pick at things JakeyBoy Rees-Mogg, but in the full iteration of my absolutely classic post it is quite clear that I was speaking from that angle.

If you analysed my comments about the use of economic instruments to combat environmental problems and responded with your thoughts as you did my statement regarding the relative pointlessness of simplistic labeling, we would be well on our way to a decent discussion about the environment lol

Its like you’ve never read a single one of my posts before Bavinho.

1 Like

I’ve read at least 7 of them

1 Like
1 Like

I’m a weirdo that absolutely loves a good wind turbine, think they look sexy. Can we just build more and bin coal and gas.

I had to work on a roof during that mad heatwave a couple of years ago with PPE, mask goggles trousers long sleeve top, I dont think I’ve ever felt so angry in my life. That was only 37 degrees so I honestly cant imagine what you feel like over 40 degrees in PPE.

It’s one of these where it’s all good for us and something to be proud of (albeit 10-20 years late) but while China is still boosting its coal use and hasn’t even peaked yet, it doesn’t really mean a lot globally :-1:

3 Likes

Wind turbines are mid tier tbh. Nuclear power is top tier.

2 Likes

I can see your love for a big open risky hole haha

1 Like

OK boomer

3 Likes

The Donald, on “windmills” (wind turbines):-

“You talk about the carbon footprint, fumes are spewing into the air, right? Spewing. Whether it’s in China, Germany, it’s going into the air. It’s our air, their air, everything, right?”

It was unclear what exactly Trump meant, or how Trump equated wind turbines converting clean air into energy to toxic fumes fouling the atmosphere. But he did share his thoughts on their appearance.

“You see all those [windmills]. They’re all different shades of color,” he said. “They’re like sort of white, but one is like an orange-white. It’s my favorite color, orange.”