The Conservative Party

As mentioned in previous two posts, it is a smart decision not to turn up. She currently has this in the bag, it would be a lose lose situation to attend with nothing to gain.

Having seen the mad fantasy economics of Sunak/Boris in action, it is actually difficult for Truss to be much worse…we have seen first hand what it’s like having Sunak at the wheel guiding the economy.

We don’t really know what her economics will be. She’s saying what she thinks the tiny section of oddballs that make up the membership want to hear but that doesn’t mean she’ll be consistent with that when talking to the wider electorate.

Lack of basic population and anthropological understanding from our leaders has gotten us here.

We really are led by the most stupid among us

1 Like

He’s the worst PM this country has seen, he’s proven to be the biggest liar in politics and iIt was only recently that MP’s were falling over themselves to tell everyone how useless he was and now they want to bring this idiot back.

This says more about the stupidity of the Tory party than Boris himself.

2 Likes

The article says there are 12 of them. No doubt 12 muppets who have no future in politics unless they are riding Johnson’s coattails. A complete non story

5 Likes

:arteta2:

Laura in the mud.

10 Likes
4 Likes

That’s why all the centrist weirdos said we shouldn’t have comedians on politics shows now?

A beautiful description of the current Conservative party. :slight_smile:

“We’re at the dregs of what they have available, and Liz Truss is the backwash”

I’m definitely stealing that :slight_smile:

10 Likes

Fuck me, the boy’s on form eh :joy:

8 Likes

4 Likes

Rishi or Truss - both shit. We end up with Truss. Not concerned either way as think they would both be diabolical PMs.

Now let’s watch Truss implement her policies to make sure the rich get richer as apparently that helps the economy which helps all of us lol

3 Likes

Oh good, we’ll get to hear her solution to the energy crisis. We can all relax now.

1 Like

Joe Lycett said it best when he said that Liz Trust was the backwash of the dregs of the Tory party and this is all that the Tory’s have to offer after 12 years

5 Likes
2 Likes

She’ll be fine I think short term. Tories need a PR win and she’s going to need to do something big to get it. Labour appear to have reasonable ideas in this area so she needs something noteworthy too. Let’s be poor because we want investment isn’t going to wash. Sunak was certainly more popular after furlough and I think after eat out to help out too.

Reversing the NI rise can only be one thing in a package of measures, it’s too big a PR own goal on it’s own by helping middle and high earners disproportionately to low earners. She’s no longer talking to 150k mostly homogeneous group of members, she’s talking to the country.

2 Likes

:joy:

6 Likes

How shit is Sunak that Liz ‘Pork Markets’ Truss has beaten him !? The Conservatives are dead :skull:

1 Like